The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

31 minutes ago, ohwiseone said:

Yeah. Not sure that is the best tone from YEA about all of this. 

I have a feeling this is just the beginning with regard to them.

It took them way to long to have him resign. DCI needs to do their own investigation. 

a long frustrated alumni base for a variety of reasons, and shut out for voicing those reasons, will now have some say. I expect serious changes as time goes on

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I learned something long ago from the Israeli symphony orchestra...separate the art from the person.  Wagner was a raging Anti Semite  but they decided to play his music...for the art.

But not until 2012, right? That's 64 years of eschewing his works.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/oct/27/israel2

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/jul/09/ewenmacaskill

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/classical/news/israeli-orchestra-strikes-note-of-controversy-with-wagner-work-7804991.html

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-03-11/entertainment/ct-classical-mehta-20140312_1_zubin-mehta-israel-philharmonic-orchestra-richard-wagner

Edited by N.E. Brigand
Edit: fixed duplicate link.
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ohwiseone said:

I wonder how much more fallout will occur from this in regards to The Cadets this season. 

I dunno, maybe the alumni can be a major part of rebuilding it. 

when I see either corps, as they enter the field, I will stand and cheer the kids on. Thats my way of handling it

• Like 9

3 hours ago, garfield said:

I'm going to honor those kids and watch every gall-darn one of those shows.  Shoot, I may even take the day off just to wallow in my sorrow and watch old videos of shows.

That's how I'll cope.

Painful darn thing.

Nothing, I think, could get me to watch 2008 again, but your sentiment is admirable.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

The more I hear the worse I feel about this.  It makes me want to vomit.  This is well beyond George, that BOD needs to go.  I feel the worse for the current members after the victims.......they do not deserve any of this or to have their season ruined because of it.  I hope it's not for them.  

Although you can be right I would caution calling for the removal of people. Sure if people directly knew something and did nothing I would agree but this can spread out way further than the Cadets. Remember many people over the years were with them, then move on to others. If one wants to literally gut the activity this could be a way to do it, One could easily say well so and so was there a few years or more and they had to know. How does one defend themselves with this.. or not? Something for sure should be done if all allegations are true but as the old saying goes be careful what you ask for. You might get it.

I have talked to a few past staff members who literally hate Hop now and are elsewhere and I said to them what if you are questioned on what you knew and made to be as guilty as Hop, what you going to say ( or do ) Well needless to say they were dumbfounded and all of a sudden got quiet. 

Picture an old staff member now questioned by their HS job...maybe this all should be out BUT it will spread like wildfire through every part of the activity, WGI DCA, DCI  BOA etc etc...Maybe it should, especially if there is a legitimate reason but we all know how guilt comes before facts sometimes in the court of public opinion. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Saw that....makes a lot of sense to finally have a CEO (Sean for now) of YEA and a separate Cadet director (Tom, theoretically). Two good choices, IMO.

how interesting Sean was announced as leaving a few weeks ago

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Although you can be right I would caution calling for the removal of people. Sure if people directly knew something and did nothing I would agree but this can spread out way further than the Cadets. Remember many people over the years were with them, then move on to others. If one wants to literally gut the activity this could be a way to do it, One could easily say well so and so was there a few years or more and they had to know. How does one defend themselves with this.. or not? Something for sure should be done if all allegations are true but as the old saying goes be careful what you ask for. You might get it.

I have talked to a few past staff members who literally hate Hop now and are elsewhere and I said to them what if you are questioned on what you knew and made to be as guilty as Hop, what you going to say ( or do ) Well needless to say they were dumbfounded and all of a sudden got quiet. 

Picture an old staff member now questioned by their HS job...maybe this all should be out BUT it will spread like wildfire through every part of the activity, WGI DCA, DCI  BOA etc etc...Maybe it should, especially if there is a legitimate reason but we all know how guilt comes before facts sometimes in the court of public opinion. 

Point taken.  Just caught up in the heat of all this I suppose.  

2 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

I can't WAIT to see how Rondo deals with this on the broadcast...

Because it’s all about the broadcast, ya? How about,  how do the victims deal with this ... how about how do the  thousands of alums deal with this ... how about how does the corps comes together? 

• Like 1