Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

19 minutes ago, Daktubalan said:

You’re right they just don’t hire them. They go through the process of should we. It was wrong for what he did. He was punished for what he did. They never engaged in anything except texting if you actually read the real article and not that bias piece of news. You should go find the real article. You would know that he got his certification taken away and resigned. So... let’s say this.. Step into his shoes you messed up. BAD. You’re looking for a job. This one is given to you by the Grace of God. The Morrison’s saw something in him that’s why they hired him. People do change, though there past is reported. Some people don’t. I believe he’s been a great influence on us kids as performers and young adults during his time with us. (Oh no an opinion). But I know that doesn’t change your opinion which I’m glad you keep. But we’ll come out of this stronger than ever! Because that’s what the real BONES are about! 

So texting a kid you want to see them nude is ok. It’s not actual rape. That’s what you’re saying. You technically would be labeled an enabler. 

I read the article and I know what I’d have done: I’d have said pound sand. I’ve been falsely accused of inappropriate behavior and it almost ruined me after the kid admitted they lied. And the Grace of God says “ inappropriate behavior with kids is inexcusable”

and yes yes I have oodles of friends with Bones heritage going back to the merger. And I can tell you they don’t approve

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daktubalan said:

Yeah you’re right he does.

By the way, though I think you may be seriously mistaken, I'm grateful that you're sharing your perspective. This is obviously a big shock for members, but one way or the other, they'll get through it, and when all is said and done, you're probably going to be a different person in ways you totally didn't expect. Best wishes.

16 minutes ago, Daktubalan said:

Of course they should be told. But how long do hold something over someone’s head after you know they’ve changed personally? Working alongside them for 6 years? Your friend? (personal answer?)

I try to think about it in my shoes sometimes. It’s like holding things over my mother lol. But I forward as almost forgiveness which is part of my values and so many others and knowing that someone has changed for the better. (Opinion)

I have a good now former friend recently convicted for behavior with minors. And because of that behavior they will remain former. 

15 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Why? just askin....to me it's like trump inviting Muller to a party at the white house...JMO..we don't have to go forward with my opinion...just a statement:smile:

Because despite the #### she’s seen, now she can see the good

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So imagine this: you're in charge of Crossmen. You give Moody a second chance. You don't tell members and their parents what he'd done in the past. No one is on guard in case he does it again. And then he goes and does it again.

In that scenario, what's your responsibility?

Well I would’ve told parents that’s the thing. They took a chance. Do you think really no one was on guard for the past 6 years? Lol. Which of course I would’ve had people on guard. Don’t think for once they weren’t watching him lol. If he does it again of course termination and announcement. 

1 minute ago, Daktubalan said:

Well I would’ve told parents that’s the thing. They took a chance. Do you think really no one was on guard for the past 6 years? Lol. Which of course I would’ve had people on guard. Don’t think for once they weren’t watching him lol. If he does it again of course termination and announcement. 

Apparently concerns were taken to the director and ignored. You read the article like you keep telling us to do

• Like 3

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I noticed when all of the craziness with Hopkins/YEA come about a month ago, the Xmen camp was very quiet.  Now I know why!!! Just sweep everything under the rug and it will go away.

This is unfair.

Why do you think so? As noted here, Crossmen seem only to have responded to the Hopkins news very recently. Given what we now know, I think what I said a month ago in that thread rings true:

If a corps hasn't responded publicly to the news about Hopkins and/or doesn't include its sexual harassment/whistleblower policies online, prospective members and their parents, if they've heard the news about Hopkins, will be asking: Why not? What are they hiding?

In most cases, the absence of a response or policy is only carelessness. In this case, suspicions were apparently warranted.

To that end, I'll note that there are still some 25 corps listed in that other thread who seem to have kept mum. (Updates are most welcome.) Maybe they should look at the news from San Antonio and respond accordingly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

So texting a kid you want to see them nude is ok. It’s not actual rape. That’s what you’re saying. You technically would be labeled an enabler. 

I read the article and I know what I’d have done: I’d have said pound sand. I’ve been falsely accused of inappropriate behavior and it almost ruined me after the kid admitted they lied. And the Grace of God says “ inappropriate behavior with kids is inexcusable”

and yes yes I have oodles of friends with Bones heritage going back to the merger. And I can tell you they don’t approve

AHHHH, i was waiting for someone to say this also. this also has happened more often than many probably know

26 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

It was pretty well known...do we know members were kept in the dark?

Daktubalan was a member in the past two years and indicates that [1] he (or she) learned about Moody's past via an internet search and [2] he thinks it was a mistake for Morrison not to have informed parents about Moody's past. So my guess is that, at least officially, members and parents were not told about it.

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

AHHHH, i was waiting for someone to say this also. this also has happened more often than many probably know

And that's terrible. But (1) the example of George Hopkins shows that people not reporting harassment and assault happens a lot, (2) it is widely agreed that false accusations are much less common than true accusations, and (3) in Moody's case, we know for a fact that he did what he was accused of.