Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Personally I think it's a good thing that she'll get to see the activity live.

Why? just askin....to me it's like trump inviting Muller to a party at the white house...JMO..we don't have to go forward with my opinion...just a statement:smile:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daktubalan said:

Of course they should be told. But how long do hold something over someone’s head after you know they’ve changed personally? Working alongside them for 6 years? Your friend? (Personal answer?)

I try to think about it in my shoes sometimes. It’s like holding things over my mother, lol. But I forward as almost forgiveness which is part of my values and so many others and knowing that someone has changed for the better. (Opinion)

So imagine this: you're in charge of Crossmen. You give Moody a second chance. You don't tell members and their parents what he'd done in the past. No one is on guard in case he does it again. And then he goes and does it again.

In that scenario, what's your responsibility?

• Thanks 5

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Why? Just askin': to me it's like Trump inviting Muller to a party at the White House. JMO. We don't have to go forward with my opinion. Just a statement.:smile:

She's writing extensively about the field. She may understand it better, and the passion that so many have for it, if she attends a show. Your analogy would only hold if Hopkins had invited her to attend a show. (Also you mixed up the inviter and the invitee, and misspelled "Big House".)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Moody needs to find a different line of work. Also:

1. What is "the real article"? Why is it more reliable than "that biased piece of news", by which you presumably mean Nadolny's article?

2. Did Fred Morrison or anyone else at Crossmen tell you, at any point before the news broke this week, that Moody had sent sexual texts to one of his students?

3. Isn't it possible that the organization would be stronger without an enabler at the helm?

Yeah you’re right he does.

There’s an article from the actual incident back in 2010. It’s a literal report of what happened. Timeline. Etc. I found this on my own. I didn’t know this was going to happen it’s been a shock to all us, we are upset about it. 

No. It would not be stronger. That man knows how to run a financially stable and drum corps. But the corps members is what makes a drum corps stronger. The leadership team at the drum corps is already changing a lot of things. 

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So imagine this: you're in charge of Crossmen. You give Moody a second chance. You don't tell members and their parents what he'd done in the past. No one is on guard in case he does it again. And then he goes and does it again.

It was pretty well known...do we know members were kept in the dark?

Edited by GUARDLING

23 minutes ago, Daktubalan said:

Read what Fred sent every member and every parent. Fred said how he came to Crossmen and he was forthcoming in what he did and he meant. At least he came forward about what he did and I can guarantee he just didn’t welcome him to the family. I agree consensual and sensual is just as bad and I’m not disagreeing but what Fred did was giving the man a second chance to start over which a lot of people won’t do. Saying and doing are 2 hugely different things but of the same color. If there was actually a problem in these past years he would’ve been terminated just like any other member has been these past years. 

I saw it. I know people interviewed in the article and people I reached out to told me. I’ll be delicate again:

he lost his ####### teaching license for sending lewd text messages to students and then was hired two ####### times by youth organizations. I don’t care how ####### good he is, he should never have been ####### hired to teach youth. There are some things in life you shouldn’t get second chances at.... and teaching kids when your ####### teaching license was revoked for sending x rated texts is one of them. The road to hell is often paved with good intentions no matter how ill informed those intentions may be. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Were prospective members and their parents told over the past six months that one of the staff members, who would be touring with the corps this summer, had done what Moody did? Again I ask: do members and parents have a right to know that sort of thing, or don't they?

They #### well should know

• Like 1

Just now, Daktubalan said:

There’s an article from the actual incident back in 2010. It’s a literal report of what happened. Timeline. Etc. I found this on my own. I didn’t know this was going to happen it’s been a shock to all us, we are upset about it. 

No. It would not be stronger. That man knows how to run a financially stable and drum corps. But the corps members is what makes a drum corps stronger. The leadership team at the drum corps is already changing a lot of things. 

(A) So you knew about Moody's past before you joined the corps? And are prospective members and their parents supposed to conduct their own background checks on staff members?

(B) George Hopkins led Cadets to ten championships. Does that mean what he did to a dozen or more women was worth it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Ummmm....my Mom's calling. Gotta go!

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

They #### well should know

Yes, I agree, but apparently not everyone does.