2018 Predictions

2 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Except their guard was practically Crowns guard from the previous season. So 2nd to 3rd isnt a stretch. 

So if Bostons guard was "practically" Crowns guard from the previous season, what percentage of the guard would that have to be?  Your inference would mean it was 75% at least.  I don't think there were that many,  but I could be wrong.  Just curious what estimate would be.  Even so they were pretty darn good.  Hope they achieve the same at least, this year.

3 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

So if Bostons guard was "practically" Crowns guard from the previous season, what percentage of the guard would that have to be?  Your inference would mean it was 75% at least.  I don't think there were that many,  but I could be wrong.  Just curious what estimate would be.  Even so they were pretty darn good.  Hope they achieve the same at least, this year.

If I recall correctly it was around 50%. 

I predict that the Couchmen will both start and end their 2018 Show Visuals in the sitting position.

It makes sense, as most there have lots of recent experience perfecting this visual move.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Noone makes big jumps without reason. Not being specific here to any corps but when there is a jump here are a few  reasons in my experience.

1. a cultivation of MMs over a period of time

2. Consistent staff  (a good one) implementing a progressive timeline and plan for success.

3. Good ears on a suggestion 

4. an effort of coordination from all parties of any program

5. Money ( the elephant in the room ) YES it matters on many levels

6. Staff ability to move a program forward

7. MMs ability to move a program forward.

8. Staff ability to draw members to a corps  (unfortunately that can be a double edge sword )

9 Vision, and not just of the guard staff but the entire corps, including admin.

10. The sudden surge in talent, members and staff because of several reasons above

just a  few

Edited by GUARDLING

For the record, Boston had a guard in 2017 of 42.  18 members had come from Crown. The rest were BAC vets and kids from other backgrounds...so not even close to "practically all".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

For the record, Boston had a guard in 2017 of 42.  18 members had come from Crown. The rest were BAC vets and kids from other backgrounds...so not even close to "practically all".

Never said all of them. About half and the caption head is a lot to gain though.

26 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Never said all of them. About half and the caption head is a lot to gain though.

it for sure would be a significant amount if 18 is fact. That will change dynamics drastically add staff on top of that and BOOM!  AS I said though that can also be a double edge sword, and has been with others.

With that said , either way, no matter how, those who may like it or not , it still is Boston's guard victory for 2017

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

If I recall correctly it was around 50%. 

I know Boston had a lot of Pride of Cincinnati guard members too. 

6 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

it for sure would be a significant amount if 18 is fact. That will change dynamics drastically add staff on top of that and BOOM!  AS I said though that can also be a double edge sword, and has been with others.

I'm sure they'll be fine. The design and staff is most important, and they'll have lots of talent coming in anyways.