2018 Tour Premiere

Heads up! Bloo reveal starts at 1pm!!!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

So for all of us that can't be at the movies tonight, will those who are going check in here after the show and share all the details you can remember?  Surprises, audience reactions, all of it.  This is when I love coming to this forum.

Pssh, I'll check in during the show. There's going-off-the-field interviews that I don't care about nearly as much.

• Thanks 1

It will be interesting to see the overall point spread between the top 4 groups tonight (assuming those would likely be Crown, Coats, Cavies, Crusaders as they all have been hyped to varying degrees and all the pre-season teasers seem to bear that out.)

Any bets?  I’ll say 2.5 for the over/under between 1st and 4th.

I’m not going to risk predicting the actual order...regardless this looks to be an outstanding season.  Best of luck to all performers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The audience in Warrenville acts like they’re at a funeral.  I cheer and clap anyway.  60 year old women don’t give a #### what anyone thinks.  :laughing:

Quite a few Boston area theaters are sold out. My recollection is the attendance was always very good, but I don’t recall so many being sold out. There are two fewer venues, though there is a new theater with a larger seating capacity near one of the theaters not showing the premiere and it is part of the same chain. The crowds here are pretty enthusiastic and no doubt when Boston Crusaders begin, it will be loud though there could be a few who sit on their hands during certain shows. As we know in drum corps, some slight or rivalry that happened 900 years ago can still be as fresh and raw as if it happened yesterday.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 5:31 PM, Jim Schehr said:

Boston Crusaders 

Bluecoats 

Carolina Crown 

Cavaliers 

Blue Stars

Phantom Regiment

And the Legends DBC brass ensemble will be doing the National Anthem!

• Like 1