Who will be the 12th place corps this year ?

I'd like to see Academy back in finals.  I have enjoyed watching their growth since I started coming to shows in 2011.  I also look for Mandarins to maintain their push up the ranks.  OC or PC could make that push into the top 15 and make the BLL broadcast.  That would be a great accomplishment for either of those corps.  

For ANY corps to move up ranks takes an incredible amount of effort at every level. 

May every corps have success this season, whatever that means for them!  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not much for predictions but I do have an inkle that there will be someone new in finals this year. 

Its great whenever a new Corps that has not done so before ( or in a long time ) makes Finals. Most fans really do like seeing such perseverance rewarded. And whenever a Corps wins a DCI title that has not before,... my oh my...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Gosh darn it Jeff... lol!!!!

He has a very scientific methodology. :tongue:

• Haha 1

Academy

3 hours ago, trumpetcam said:

No BDB or SCVC? Im waiting for the day when one of those organizations has 2 corps in finals.. Would not be a shocker to see it happen in the next year or two.

Meh. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but I don't expect either to be Finalists anytime in the near future, if ever, and definitely not until the mission of these two corps changes. By the way --- nothing at all wrong with said missions of these two incredible corps, I just mean that for the time being both organizations seem content being big fish in small ponds and then finishing the season maxing out their terrific designs year in and year out at Indy while knocking off the bottom 5 or 6 (occasionally more) World Class groups. 

I'm consistently impressed with how fantastic these two units are at the end of each season, but in terms of that extra few points to vault into Finals --- I just don't see it happening. Keep in mind, that extra few points hurdle into Finals is a massive, MASSIVE hurdle --- one that took The Academy 10+ years of serious attempts before finally tackling it. Mandarins have yet to tackle it. Between Colts & Troop, each one has been trying with every effort for multiple seasons now to get back over that hurdle, with very little success from either one. Spirit has been trying to no avail as well, and Crest & OC have been attempting to go down that long road as well. All this is to say, it's one thing to max out a stunningly well-designed show and knock off some WC corps at the end of each season whose organizations don't run as smoothly, or who have over-programmed their books or who maybe haven't written to their group's abilities quite as perfectly. But to vault over that final finish line and knock off not only the two or three WC corps seriously gunning for Finals all tour, but a WC corps who was in Finals the previous year as well...eh, I just don't see it happening with the current goals of each organization. And that's ok! BDB & SCVC are absolutely wonderful at Indy every year. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I, for one, would like to see PC make the big step up, but would also be happy if Spirit got back into Finals again. 

PC is still looking for members, aren't they? Not a good sign...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, goodmello said:

PC is still looking for members, aren't they? Not a good sign...

Not really. Looking for a tenor and bass drum. Just started Spring Training and the "west coast schedule" is a bit different from the others -- extra week before their first show and even then, they stick pretty close to home.

I think they will be just fine. 

Edited by CrownBariDad
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Not really. Looking for a tenor and bass drum. Just started Spring Training and the "west coast schedule" is a bit different from the others -- extra week before their first show and even then, they stick pretty close to home.

I think they will be just fine. 

I would still consider it a concerning indication for a finals hopeful.