Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

3 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Boston has a good show with strong brass, percussion and guard.  But like last year there isn't much drill and the drill that's done is mostly in tight formations near the front sideline.  The corps they are chasing don't lack in that area.

When I saw SCV on YT, it looked like their drill was pretty tight too.

The number of front sideline mics is appalling... Amplification has truly gone too far.

(I know they're fake. Well, most of them.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So are they adding NFL hashes or something? Looks like the painted ones are college and they put down tape ones inside them...weird. 

8 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Boston has a good show with strong brass, percussion and guard.  But like last year there isn't much drill and the drill that's done is mostly in tight formations near the front sideline.  The corps they are chasing don't lack in that area.

Good thing that’s not a caption. However, I disagree, you should watch some video of it again. There’s a whole section where they have drill for Morse code, not up front.  There’s actually a lot more drill work than last year’s show 

Edited by Den8uml

Love blue, but the opening set just screams “Honey, l shrunk the drum corps”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I think we were watching different shows... my primary criticism of Boston last year was the amount and difficulty of drill, but this year looks like it's on an entirely different level.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1