Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

5 minutes ago, PCEP00 said:

What about the opener? And the ballad? Might want to chnage those, too.

They hyped the Bruckner so much too..

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

Don’t feed the trolls man, just let it go...

Sorry -- mega OCD. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cadet93 said:

looks like Crown is the new Scapegoat in DCI...at least its not Cadets anymore.  JK

Their show has pacing problems, but it's very good.  The ballad gives us actual melody which is refreshing.

Staff is so experienced, they will snip this and that, layer and put the ending on 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

3 posts and 2 trash Crown. Welcome to dcp I guess

Just the design staff. Not faulting the corps. Once again this year, they have the best brass in DCI. An orchestra on wheels. I love Crown, just not feeling the show.

• Like 1

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Huh?

Doing the encore with Voctave -- vocal group. Not their normal encore pieces. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pizazzman said:

Crown has plenty of great things going for them and moments of the show are really cool, but the overall flow and pace of the show is....awkward. Hopefully some of the gaps get filled in and changes streamline some of that, but I worry that there’s too much to fully fix. The drill is particularly odd at times with strange and ineffective spacing...though, I’m not a fan of most of the drill writing that’s going on in DCI right now. It’s all functional and not at all artistic or visually pleasing. Here’s hoping it’s just a fad we grow out of. 

Looking across the activity as a whole, your opinion will have many valid examples. When I team with the musical with the visual and the current trend for many corps not to play full pieces or at least full melodies, the style of visuals we see at present across the activity may well match the snip and paste style of musical arrangements (brass, percussion, and electronics included.) The lush visual movements seem to be from a different era of musical arranging.

• Thanks 1