Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

I hope the Prelims cinecast theaters will have AED units on hand to resuscitate those who faint after CC’s ballad feature up front, because you know that’ll be on field camera. I noticed they did a hair flip too. 

Well done Crown! 

• Like 1

Crown has plenty of great things going for them and moments of the show are really cool, but the overall flow and pace of the show is....awkward. Hopefully some of the gaps get filled in and changes streamline some of that, but I worry that there’s too much to fully fix. The drill is particularly odd at times with strange and ineffective spacing...though, I’m not a fan of most of the drill writing that’s going on in DCI right now. It’s all functional and not at all artistic or visually pleasing. Here’s hoping it’s just a fad we grow out of. 

• Like 5

looks like Crown is the new Scapegoat in DCI...at least its not Cadets anymore.  JK

Their show has pacing problems, but it's very good.  The ballad gives us actual melody which is refreshing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

And Crown brass has to memorize TWO shows tonight. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pizazzman said:

Crown has plenty of great things going for them and moments of the show are really cool, but the overall flow and pace of the show is....awkward. Hopefully some of the gaps get filled in and changes streamline some of that, but I worry that there’s too much to fully fix. The drill is particularly odd at times with strange and ineffective spacing...though, I’m not a fan of most of the drill writing that’s going on in DCI right now. It’s all functional and not at all artistic or visually pleasing. Here’s hoping it’s just a fad we grow out of. 

My thoughts exactly. I want this show to come together, and it’s annoying that it’s not. 

• Like 3

Can’t wait for my live dci fix this week.  Johnston, IA, Decalb, I’ll and then St. Louis!

• Like 1

Ive always been a huge Crown Fan, but now with Boston so close to them it’s starting to feel like they are the Cadets and I’m no longer on their side! Shhhhh don’t tell anyone I said that. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, PCEP00 said:

What about the opener? And the ballad? Might want to chnage those, too.

Opinion duly noted. On an unrelated note, PCEP 98-01 were some of my favorite BOA shows of all time.