St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

Music City's show is a train wreck. ????

xf9HEbq.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Haha 5

Just now, FLBuzcut said:

Music City's show is a train wreck. ????

xf9HEbq.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

It's supposed to be!

Haven't seen most of M.C.'s show--what an interesting entrance! (Like Minnesota Brass's circus show a couple years ago.) I grew up singing this Casey Jones song at campfires but it wasn't a chant/rap. Will they play that melody? Brass struggles a bit sustaining with all that running around, but that was very effective.

Really liking the horizontal movement in the drill. Not enough musically yet, though--melody keeps getting interrupted by percussion. Nonetheless still effective.

Is that a little Scott Joplin ("Maple Leaf Rag"?) here at Memphis? Nice work from the trombone quintet and then the Dixieland quartet, but the larger ensemble doesn't do much for a bit. Drill is minimal until "Crazy Train".

Much work needed yet musically here: rock & roll, it's not as easy as you think. The music feels a bit watered down too. But the effect here remains super cool. What a fun, fun design. Everybody dies, even the pit! Are we sure this isn't actually Phantom Regiment?

I feel like "Hallelujah" is overplayed. Can someone come up with a list of other songs that would substitute well? Muted trumpet with piano sounds good though. Some feedback there? Odd calypso feel in the development before the push, but the writing is rather square to me.  Some appealing drill follows though. Another short show. Under-time for World Class?

• Like 1

Big finish for Music City!

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

It's supposed to be!

Yes, i meant to (wink) but it came out as question marks.