DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

4 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Whoever is running the high cam operation is, uh, struggling to keep up.

we're basically at the time of year where i begin to get more enjoyment out of multi anyway. so far it doesn't seem at all atrocious, especially given the fluster cluck the camera crews struggled through (i'm sure they were trying) last year

3 minutes ago, Beckham said:

How come Surf starts so late? DO NJ and surrounding area schools get out super late into June or something?

Jersey schools let out around the 20th of June.

• Like 1

Jersey Surf had to ask wife to turn A/C back on, show was hot. Haven't been back there in a while so the surf is all to the out to Camden County. Must be a lot of Global Warming goin on or maybe it's all the heat you generate.. Keep it up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, furious-winter said:

we're basically at the time of year where i begin to get more enjoyment out of multi anyway. so far it doesn't seem at all atrocious, especially given the fluster cluck the camera crews struggled through (i'm sure they were trying) last year

Personally, I never enjoy multi. When I watch a show, I like to (1) see all of the drill, (2) see the color guard as a whole ensemble, and (3) otherwise decide what part of a show I want to watch.

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Wasnt the tarp in the other day?

I don't remember it down on Thursday, perhaps they were worried about it melting?

Wow Oregon.  This sounds great!   

Hearing a little contra rattle on the opener. Love it!!!

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Personally, I never enjoy multi. When I watch a show, I like to (1) see all of the drill, (2) see the color guard as a whole ensemble, and (3) otherwise decide what part of a show I want to watch.

i enjoy multi cam earlier on for obvious reasons, but guard is one of my favorite aspects of drum corps and i love those close-ups