Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

18 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

As one who has done work in movies and TV, it's not just gender. Casting calls often specify gender, race, and (my favorite) age. All perfectly legal. 

And NOT immoral.  That's important.

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Edited by Bluzes
remove commet

51 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

As one who has done work in movies and TV, it's not just gender. Casting calls often specify gender, race, and (my favorite) age. All perfectly legal. 

However , 501 C  Organizations are granted by the Fed Gov't ( its taxpayors ) tax favored status, that some commercial, for profit Theatre organizations are not granted. It is one thing for a Theatre Production to put out calls for certain roles to be played by certain genders, certain races, certain ages... all, as you said perfectly legal. But its an entire different matter if that Theatre Production chooses to disallow, by their decision, anyone, in their Production to participate anywhere in that Show simply by virtue of their race, religion, ethnicity, or GENDER. We must not confuse Gender " selection " in certain  theatre production  acting roles, where there can be wide lattitude provided, and outright theatre show Gender" exclusion "..  Particularly if its a 501 C Organization. I am sure we all know the difference between certain acting roles " Selection " and outright Gender " Exclusion " throughout the entire Theatre Production itself.

All that said, I see no point in the furtherance of this discussion... as it has all the earmarks of being quite divisive, imo. And that only has people become separated and not brought together in positive ways.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

I am glad I found this site, again joined a long time ago. My wife and former bosses know/knew I am totally consumed with drum corps and don't pay much attention to anything else during the season. I look at this site as a respite to keep my mind occupied between shows but don't take things here too seriously. Was like that with the Grateful Dead as well my bosses realized if they interfered with either I would be a sick pup but would work around the clock otherwise. Strange bedfellows opposite end of musical spectrum you say. Not so the Dead & Drum Corps are the only acts that make people stand up and howl like dogs although you needed to supply your own visual for the Dead.

Aisle 4 cleaned up. Return to your regularly scheduled banter.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Hamilton...the Broadway Show and other Hamilton productions specifically hires their cast based on race. That is their popularity...seeing a diverse group perform a historically white group of men from History.

1 minute ago, afd said:

.seeing a diverse group

Here I go again. How is having one race diverse isn't it  more of a distortion of history a pipe dream of how things could have been?