DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

5 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

They truly have. I always know 7th Regiment as a solid 70 - 80 member corps. Not so any more!

The participation level in Open Class seems to be getting higher.  I wonder if anyone keeps track of the numbers.

Is my brain playing tricks or did Flo leave the audio from the stadium playing under the commercials.  I heard 7R's snare click continue while that commercial with Into the Light played

Ugh. Feed suddenly went down for me with a minute left in 7th Regiment's performance. Not Flo's fault, though. Spectrum truck parked across the street working on the lines apparently. Hope that's the only interruption for me.

7th Regiment: WELL DONE!!!! I would argue that this is the first corps we've seen today that's maxed out their design and cleaned it thoroughly. Sure, maybe it didn't offer up as much difficulty or simultaneous demand as Guardians before them, but man was that performance clean, clean, clean. And nuanced! For the first time today, we've seen total clarity in the guard work that allows for small details to highlight the nuances & releases in the music. Love it! It's a shame (well, not really) that everyone else has gotten better as well --- 7th Regiment really stepped it up this season. 

• Like 2

Jubal, the Spartans see your VanGogh and raise you a DaVinci.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The announcer  (Brandt Crocker's?)needs to learn how to say SPAAAHHTENS. 

Edited by E3D
  • Haha 1

Oh, and this is likely the fight for Semifinals here.  Spartans or Genesis?  

2 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

It's a shame (well, not really) that everyone else has gotten better as well --- 7th Regiment really stepped it up this season. 

Yeah that could easily have been semifinals a few years ago. But the bar is really high now.

• Like 1

As much as I like the period uniforms on the corps, having the drum major in the traditional uniform with the helmet is a great touch.