Recommended Posts

With source music not released yet, I think my only hope for the Cavies this season is that they use five or less pieces of source material this year. Any chance that dream comes to fruition?

I've loved every aspect of what they've done the last three seasons, with the sole exception of thinking that not allowing a melody to materialize completely is still a current trend in music books.

I'm also QUITE excited to see where their brass improvements last year lead them to this year. Absolutely love the brass ensemble sound from last season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jake W. said:

I've loved every aspect of what they've done the last three seasons, with the sole exception of thinking that not allowing a melody to materialize completely is still a current trend in music books.

I don't like that trend, either. But curiously, does that hold for championship shows from SCV in 2018 and BD in 2017? They each seemed to have good, sustained moments of hanging out and playing music for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jake W. said:

With source music not released yet, I think my only hope for the Cavies this season is that they use five or less pieces of source material this year. Any chance that dream comes to fruition?

I've loved every aspect of what they've done the last three seasons, with the sole exception of thinking that not allowing a melody to materialize completely is still a current trend in music books.

I'm also QUITE excited to see where their brass improvements last year lead them to this year. Absolutely love the brass ensemble sound from last season.

I think you will be quite pleased.  Loved what I heard last night.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe travels, Cavaliers!  Enjoy your time on the left coast.  See ya 7/5. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Safe travels, Cavaliers!  Enjoy your time on the left coast.  See ya 7/5. 

Wow I totally forgot they were going out west. This is going to be a fun summer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Oh.  There was more.  I like the ballad.  A lot.  Gave me goosebumps. 😮

That was very nice!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Oh.  There was more.  I like the ballad.  A lot.  Gave me goosebumps. 😮

That was very nice!

Best book in 7 years, and could be up there with my top drumcorps shows ever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Safe travels, Cavaliers!  Enjoy your time on the left coast.  See ya 7/5. 

We’re looking forward to seeing them that’s for sure. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jake W. said:

With source music not released yet, I think my only hope for the Cavies this season is that they use five or less pieces of source material this year. Any chance that dream comes to fruition?

I've loved every aspect of what they've done the last three seasons, with the sole exception of thinking that not allowing a melody to materialize completely is still a current trend in music books.

I'm also QUITE excited to see where their brass improvements last year lead them to this year. Absolutely love the brass ensemble sound from last season.

Wait till you hear this show. A complete departure from the mash-ups of the last three seasons. You are going to love it. Everytime I listen I like it even more.

Dare I say this on DCP...but I think the writing may be just as mature and complex as Boston. Definitely prefer Cavies ballad.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just listened to the corps perform the corps song... holy smokes they sound incredible! That low brass... wow

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.