The Cadets 2019

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Is this good or bad? 

very good. thats a talented lineup of folks, who finally will be able to do their job from day 1

• Like 2

From email:

We are thrilled to announce that in 2019 we will be celebrating the 85th Anniversary of The Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps along with 50 Years of Women in The Cadets.

As part of our celebration, we are happy to announce we will be organizing the 85th Anniversary Alumni Corps to perform this summer. We are also proud to announce alumnus Joe Reichert will be the Corps Director for the Alumni Corps. Joe is currently the Head Band Director for the Adamson High School Band in the Dallas Independent School District in Dallas, TX. He marched in the 1992 and 1993 Cadets, and was a Drum Major in 1995, serving on the Cadets instructional staff in 1997 and 1998.

Anyone interested in working on the planning committee for the Alumni Corps should contact Joe at jreichert@yea.org by November 16th. Further information regarding the Alumni Corps will be released in December with registration opening in January.

There will be additional ways we will celebrate this very special year ahead, so watch for us to announce more information for Cadets family and fans.

Most Sincerely,
Vicki Ferrence Ray
Executive Director
Youth Education in the Arts

Edited by rmm155
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I don’t get these odd anniversary things lately in the activity. 85 years is a thing? JMO that’s a no.

Sounds like a perfectly good reason to help engage alumni who kept their distance because of Hoppy to help get things back to normal and focusing on the future to me. Otherwise they probably wouldn't make it a big deal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Sounds like a perfectly good reason to help engage alumni who kept their distance because of Hoppy to help get things back to normal and focusing on the future to me.  

Celebrate while you can.  There's no guarantee's D&BC will be around forever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I don’t get these odd anniversary things lately in the activity. 85 years is a thing? JMO that’s a no.

Under these circumstances, the 50 years of females in the corps might be reason enough to celebrate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

Sounds like a perfectly good reason to help engage alumni who kept their distance because of Hoppy to help get things back to normal and focusing on the future to me. Otherwise they probably wouldn't make it a big deal.

well....i agree. But...how many active drum corps can say they are in their 85th year? That's ###### impressive

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1