2019 Predictions!

31 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Here is my analysis with relative current/projected placement and floor/ceiling for each corps

1. SCV-  1st/5th- it looks like they have a very real chance to repeat and that is very exciting news for all of DCI meaning times are changing. Their show looks like it is still a skeleton too with a lot more exciting things to come. They look and sound great and have come out swinging.

2. Bluecoats-1st/6th- they have taken a real gamble with this show but it's fresh and everyone loves it. They have come out of the gate hot but they started hot in 2017 too and got trampled so proceed with caution. This show could win, medal, or tank over the course of the season. Regardless of placement this should be an all time fan favorite.

3. Carolina Crown- 1st/6th- This is one heck of a show and it looks and sounds great. I am sure I will feel much much different when I see it live but I just don't think the GE is there to win it all. 

4. Blue Devils- 1st/5th- Because it's the Blue Devils I think they will get it together and grab at least the silver medal and not the gold...but here we are for the first time since I have been closely following DCI...where there is a real possibility they might get 3rd or miss medals all together. They haven't won a contest yet. Not used to seeing them as an underdog team.

5. Boston Crusaders- 3rd/6th. This is a great show...I get it they are trying to be David beating Goliath figuratively on the field. This is a great show but I feel like there is one equal show and 4 shows that just might be better. They might pass up a fallen Goliath or two and grab a medal but they won't be higher than 3rd. Too many strong shows and a possible percussion weakness

6. Cavaliers-2nd/6th hype train! Strong in brass and GE this is a good dark horse to medal.

7. Cadets- 7th/10th- carried by percussion and either on 7th place island by themselves or BK or Mandarins could give them a run

8. Mandarins- 7th/10th fantastic, strong show that shows they aren't going anywhere but up this year.

9. BK- 7th/14th- this is the most mysterious BK has ever been because they haven't debuted yet. Its very intriguing and while it could be a huge hit- the top 6 are so strong, it could also be a klunker.

10. Blue Stars 8th/12th- they are the most likely corps to be on a competitive island this year

11. Crossmen 9th/14th- I love this show. It looks like 11-14 are tight and anybodys game- exciting

12. Spirit 10th/14th- love this show. Want them to make finals

13. Phantom 10th/15th

14. Academy 10th/15yh

15. Colts 14th/18th

16. Madison- 14th/18th

17. Troopers 15th/19th

18. MCDC 15th/19th

19. PC 16th/21st

20. Genesis 19th/21st

21. Cascades 20th/22nd

22. Surf 20th/22nd

With the 2 best OC corps out...who knows how many and which OC corps make Semis. I would imagine they would peak at 20th place.

Cavies are not high enough...... 🙂 lol!!!

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Cavies are not high enough...... 🙂 lol!!!

Come on! I have them a ceiling of 2nd place and called them a dark horse medal contender! (I think it's very highly unlikely they pass up SCV but anything else is possible).

• Haha 1

Just now, ThePlanets said:

Come on! I have them a ceiling of 2nd place and called them a dark horse medal contender! (I think it's very highly unlikely they pass up SCV but anything else is possible).

Hahahahaha! I'm just pulling your leg. I have a feeling they are going to place anywhere in the top 3 this year. Just a feeling 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Some interesting comments

i would personally include Cavaliers in the top six grouping

right now it appears Bloo and SCV are 1-2

BD-Crown 3/4

Cavaliers/Boston 5/6

then Cadets closely followed by

then BS/Mandarins and maybe BK 

I am not sure I can agree here. 

BD and SCV are still 1-2. As I see it, a corps like BD is not going anywhere. They have had 3 shows and now they had 4 days to rehearse. Look out for Friday.

Bluecoats, Crown, Boston and Cavaliers are going to be trading places all year. One night, someone will make a decision or two and the cream will rise to the top.

And yes, when we get to 7-8-9-10 and even below, there are quite a few in line here.  BK is not out until Friday, and the Mandarins and all of the West Coast have had a few days to "Come Together" , like the Beatles. 😉

Keep an eye on Spirit and Phantom. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Holy smokes, the Mandrains have one heck of a show this year. 

I cannot wait to see them again Saturday evening on Flo. I loved them last year. I still love them this year but maybe a little less.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

I am not sure I can agree here. 

BD and SCV are still 1-2. As I see it, a corps like BD is not going anywhere. They have had 3 shows and now they had 4 days to rehearse. Look out for Friday.

Bluecoats, Crown, Boston and Cavaliers are going to be trading places all year. One night, someone will make a decision or two and the cream will rise to the top.

And yes, when we get to 7-8-9-10 and even below, there are quite a few in line here.  BK is not out until Friday, and the Mandarins and all of the West Coast have had a few days to "Come Together" , like the Beatles. 😉

Keep an eye on Spirit and Phantom. 

I agree with your first sentence. If I had to bet money, It'd be SCV and BD will be top 2. I would actually bet money on that.

I think Crown will pass Bluecoats and never look back.

I think Bluecoats and Cavies will battle for 4th again.

I think Boston will be securely in 6th.

I think Spirit is in.

I think Regiment's goose is cooked.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

I cannot wait to see them again Saturday evening on Flo. I loved them last year. I still love them this year but maybe a little less.

If you loved them last year, then you will be over the moon for them this year. HUGE step up!

47 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Haha, but those ceilings and floors are too far apart IMO. There is never much variance from the start of the season to the end. Only Blue Stars had a significant change from the start to the end of the season last year. 

4 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Haha, but those ceilings and floors are too far apart IMO. There is never much variance from the start of the season to the end. Only Blue Stars had a significant change from the start to the end of the season last year. 

Most of the ceiling/floors are due to little head to head competition among east/west.  Are the Cavaliers really in 3rd or 6th now? Are the Bluecoats in 1st or 4th?

• Thanks 1