Pioneer Member Rant

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

The piper will be coming for payment soon enough

Sounds like a Horoscope are you physic? 

Dci fortunes grow this year. Meditate on what you truly want. Carefully coordinate your strategy for a summer blastoff. Looming improvements feather your nest for a new season. Revise your corps game plan to sidestep obstacles for winter victories. Prioritize health, sweetness and saftey, all that is good.

See I can Speculate as Well 

Edited by Bluzes
typo

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

You're not surprised, are you?

Smart move considering the hard road ahead....

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Dci fortunes grow this year. Meditate on what you truly want. Carefully coordinate your strategy for a summer blastoff. Looming improvements feather your nest for a new season. Revise your corps game plan to sidestep obstacles for winter victories. Prioritize beauty, sweetness and romance, all that is good.

Neither... and I don't speculate. If you had followed my posts on this topic since April ( not suggesting that you should have) in various threads you would see that I do not speculate. DCI actions belie their words. DOn't listen to what they say. Watch what they do and when. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Disappointed that as a member of the "Friends of DCI" I am not enough of a friend to be on this email list :wink:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Neither... and I don't speculate. If you had followed my posts on this topic since April ( not suggesting that you should have) in various threads you would see that I do not speculate. DCI actions belie their words. DOn't listen to what they say. Watch what they do and when. 

I been on topic Mr MusicMan and it was enlightening to say the least. I know more than you think I know but choose the higher ground and don't make my true feelings known. If the worst comes to past anything said here is just fuel for the fire. I love this activity and will stay positive to the end. I feel your pain and passion I just express it in another way. Your doing everything I would do by sending emails to get your concerns out to the right parties, so it's just not a rant on DCP. Keep It Up there is more than one way to  ---------- do anything (I Like Cats).

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

If that is true, then the converse is that extending their special deals to more/all corps is not even a ripple in their costs.

Certainly greater than zero, however, so why ever would they do such a thing? Plus, for marketing their products, which is the point, what is the impetus for them? 

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Dci fortunes grow this year. Meditate on what you truly want. Carefully coordinate your strategy for a summer blastoff. Looming improvements feather your nest for a new season. Revise your corps game plan to sidestep obstacles for winter victories. Prioritize health, sweetness and saftey, all that is good.

I thought you were writing fortune cookies for the Mandarins.

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

thought you were writing fortune cookies for the Mandarins.

I was but was banned for playing paradiddles with the chop sticks.

6 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Dan A took  definitive action once he was made aware of the situation at Pioneer.  All stakeholders (DCI Board, Executive Directors/Corps Directors  of all corps) were advised what steps were taken to insure the health and safety of the Pioneer members and all corps members during the season.  At the appropriate time the Pioneer saga will be told.   Member health and safety was the number one issue during the 2018 season and by all accounts it  improved  tremendously throughout  the activity.   DCI or Dan A can;t  come on a public forum to defend themselves.   Let them do their job.

it's obvious the kids in the corps disagree greatly

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's obvious the kids in the corps disagree greatly

...And I'm reading a similar post from 10 months ago (posted in the comments... Of similar issues that happened over the past 2-3 seasons. This may not only crush pioneer, but may take others down with it.