Drain The Swamp, Dan

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

The ceo in this case did as his job dictated per the board. And in fact when he did try to step up more they tried to fire him 

So his defense is "I was just doing my job" ?  Nope sorry.  If his BOD were blocking corrective actions,  he steps away and brings their malfeasance to light.   And that's giving him a huge benefit of the doubt.   He more than anyone probably knows all the dirty little secrets in DCI.  Instead of whistleblowing he chose to just sweep it under the rug for years and years.

22 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But should the 'someone else to investigate' be a reporter from a major metropolitan newspaper?  Or should there be someone within the DCI umbrella, a sort of Inspector General, to do the investigation?  Of course, that individual would cost $$, may need a staff ($$), as well as travel and other expenses ($$)

Dci has people in place to investigate as reports come in. A lawyer no less 

19 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Isn't it sad that actions are lawyer driven, vs doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do?

Caution is often a killer. 

5 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

He has proven that he is incapable of doing the job.  All the #### that is hitting the fan now about Pioneer was known and public before this season started.  He has had his chance to act and hasn't.  From everything I've heard, he is a great man.  But that isn't enough to steer DCI through this mess.  He needs to resign or be removed so someone with the capacity to deal with this can step in.

You acede to him far greater powers than he has. The issue is the directors as they have the power

Edited by Jeff Ream

On 8/24/2018 at 8:08 AM, dark-helmet said:

The real problem here is as you said, DCI would need a complete overhaul.  The cooperate structure would have to change.  Dci doesn't own the corps, the corps own DCI.  I'm not trying to stop change, but to everyone that is asking why DCI doesn't step in more, the answer is they can't.  Not yet anyways.  Obviously the press is going to putting pressure on them to change, but the corporate structure will need to change completely to give DCI the power to enforce the rules.   I'm not sure some of the better run corps would want to give up control as it stands, so we may see another g7 type breakaway threat in the future.   Interesting times.

I just don't understand this excuse at all.  You're telling me that a majority of the corps in DCI are resistant to protecting MMs and want to cover up abuse and wrongdoing?  DCI's form of governance is not unusual at all for this type of activity.  DCI also has the power to decide who gets to participate in shows and who doesn't ... that is ALL the power.  I find the suggestion that DCI is unable to do anything in its current form to be absurd.  The truth is that they just WON'T do anything, which is the real problem.  It is the PEOPLE that need to change, not the governance structure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dci has people in place to investigate as reports come in. A lawyer no less 

just love lawyers. LOL :peek:

4 minutes ago, karuna said:

So his defense is "I was just doing my job" ?  Nope sorry.  If his BOD were blocking corrective actions,  he steps away and brings their malfeasance to light.   And that's giving him a huge benefit of the doubt.   He more than anyone probably knows all the dirty little secrets in DCI.  Instead of whistleblowing he chose to just sweep it under the rug for years and years.

I’m not saying he’s without fault. But he’s not the sole source of blame. Dci was never set up to be the all encompassing ncaa and as we have seen, they can’t get it right, like, well ever. If the ncaa could get it right Urban Meyer would be out of a job 

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

I just don't understand this excuse at all.  You're telling me that a majority of the corps in DCI are resistant to protecting MMs and want to cover up abuse and wrongdoing?  DCI's form of governance is not unusual at all for this type of activity.  DCI also has the power to decide who gets to participate in shows and who doesn't ... that is ALL the power.  I find the suggestion that DCI is unable to do anything in its current form to be absurd.  The truth is that they just WON'T do anything, which is the real problem.  It is the PEOPLE that need to change, not the governance structure.

The board members are all about their corps. The conflict of interest is staggering 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

it is a lack of response and even on a real acknowledgement of DCI is a bit of a puzzle. So the directors of WC have the power. Ok well they should get the crap together. It will be telling in the future of this. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Yes, Acheson did. DCI suspended them a week ago.

The reporter contacted Roman Blenski earlier this week according to her Tweets, then believed him when he told her that DCI hadn't communicated with Pioneer their suspension, which was a lie.  

DCI's response followed their own internal investigation in the last weeks of the season, and the decision was made to allow the members to play out the year, with Pioneer knowing full well they were under a microscope, before handing down the suspension. 

Why did they wait until the last week of the season to investigate?  Come on!