shall i type slower for you?

until

April

the

power

was

not

there

why? His bosses, the 24 corps directors on the board, didn't give it to him. He didn't, and still doesn't, by charter, have the power to just make executive orders that become law. You need to understand how DCI is set up and operates. Dan is there because the board has him there, and his mandate isn't to be God.

As I said earlier he was NOT powerless. If the board refused to act he still had other means to effect change. Did the board empower Naldony?  No.  Did the board empower the group of alumni that precipitated the Hopkins resignation?  No.  He did not need to meekly stand by and say my hands are tied.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

So this with article, the tide may have ebbed a bit. http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/pioneer-drum-bugle-corps-ousts-longtime-director-20180824.html

However, if comments on FB, Reddit, and other social sites and discussions about DCI drum corps are to have even an ounce of truth, the riptide is as dangerous if not more.

So far this past season, major ethical problems found at

Cadets

Crossmen

Pioneer

heavy rumors propounding about:

-Oregon Crusaders

-questions about some past Cavaliers and SCV admin

-a major West Coast arranger once he takes a few too many

-another major West Coast unit where an unwritten system of points for "scoring" exists/ed

-Genesis

-Revolution

-an East coast elder caption head having cohabitated with a just aged out horn sgt. of other sex.

yada, yada, yada...

are there others real or sensitive?

The Philly journalist may have found a new niche  career; better yet if all of us and with the DCI program find best solutions and outlook for the 2019 season. The kids deserve it. And we don't need to fall into Depression.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Caught up on the Genesis stuff. Oh my 

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

Don't bother. The white-hot rush of believing yourself morally or ethically superior is powerful, and makes people impervious to facts that would lessen the buzz.

Yeah facts and all

13 minutes ago, karuna said:

Please read again. I said if he discovered abuse or misconduct and the corps directors were unwilling to act on it, THEN he still has those options left.  He was not (as some here suggest) powerless to effect change. 

Gotta know the rules.

10 minutes ago, karuna said:

As I said earlier he was NOT powerless. If the board refused to act he still had other means to effect change. Did the board empower Naldony?  No.  Did the board empower the group of alumni that precipitated the Hopkins resignation?  No.  He did not need to meekly stand by and say my hands are tied.  

Helps if you actually know the rules. And trust me I have blasted Dan and the directors for a zillion things.... but I dug and found out how things are structured. Dci isn’t like the ncaa across town. It’s not all powerful all seeing and all ruling overlord like many think. The people with the true power are the directors. Dan answers to them. So take your pitchfork and turn it to the directors who for decades only cared about rules for scores and how to help pay their bills.

im still amazed in all the YEA mess how Justin Heimbacher escaped scrutiny. He had to know as much or as little as Sean

13 minutes ago, karuna said:

Please read again. I said if he discovered abuse or misconduct and the corps directors were unwilling to act on it, THEN he still has those options left.  He was not (as some here suggest) powerless to effect change. 

"When you hear rumors about sexual misconductt and member mistreatment in drum corps, don't you have a duty to investigate them?  And if the corps directors decide to just cover up and refuse to take action,  don't you have an ethical duty to (A) resign (B) bring those problems to light in the press ?"

You mentioned rumors. There are always rumors flying around. Without people coming forward to provide concrete examples, there is little he (or anyone in a similar position) can do. I hope the best thing out of all this is that people will feel more able to come forward and make themselves known. DCI did come forward with Pio once they received credible evidence, according to what has been stated.

And  no, he never has the ethical responsibility to resign or notify the press. If he, or DCI as an organization actually, discover illegal activity, in tat case informing relevant authorities is the ethical responsibility.

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

"When you hear rumors about sexual misconductt and member mistreatment in drum corps, don't you have a duty to investigate them?  And if the corps directors decide to just cover up and refuse to take action,  don't you have an ethical duty to (A) resign (B) bring those problems to light in the press ?"

You mentioned rumors. There are always rumors flying around. Without people coming forward to provide concrete examples, there is little he (or anyone in a similar position) can do. I hope the best thing out of all this is that people will feel more able to come forward and make themselves known. DCI did come forward with Pio once they received credible evidence, according to what has been stated.

And  no, he never has the ethical responsibility to resign or notify the press. If he, or DCI as an organization actually, discover illegal activity, in tat case informing relevant authorities is the ethical responsibility.

Key words overlooked: credible evidence 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

So with this article, the tide may have ebbed a bit. http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/pioneer-drum-bugle-corps-ousts-longtime-director-20180824.html

However, if comments on FB, Reddit, and other social sites and discussions about DCI drum corps are to have even an ounce of truth, the riptide is as dangerous if not more.

So far this past season, major ethical problems found at

Cadets

Crossmen

Pioneer

heavy rumors propounding about:

-Oregon Crusaders

-questions about some past Cavaliers and SCV admin

-a major West Coast arranger once he takes a few too many

-another major West Coast unit where an unwritten system of points for "scoring" exists/ed

-Genesis

-Revolution

-an East coast elder caption head having cohabitated with a just aged out horn sgt. of other sex.

yada, yada, yada...

are there others real or sensitive?

The Philly journalist may have found a new niche  career; better yet if all of us and with the DCI program find best solutions and outlook for the 2019 season. The kids deserve it. And we don't need to fall into Depression.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

I don't understand the "unwritten system of points for "scoring" exists/ed". Is that with respect to members within the corps. Like a good or bad list? 

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

I don't understand the "unwritten system of points for "scoring" exists/ed". Is that with respect to members within the corps. Like a good or bad list? 

scoring isnt good. think of it as rating uh, conquests

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

scoring isnt good. think of it as rating uh, conquests

oh DAMMMM. That isnt good at all. Have to admit that my Dino a@@ would have not thought in that direction.