Drain The Swamp, Dan

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

A lot of bunker mentality going around here. Parsing sentences, proclaiming there was nothing Dan could do until April 2018. Well, no one in the public cares. No one will buy any "there's nothing we could do, you see the corps directors have all the power, you have to read the bylaws". Dan should have acted, EVEN IF he didn't know whether he had the authority to act. To the public he is the person in charge at DCI. Nothing is going to change that, whether we agree with it or not. Perception IS reality, and right now the perception is that the leader of DCI stood by and allowed all this crap to happen, and did not take action until pressure was applied by the press. No one cares about some - "but you don't understand, he didn't have the power to act" excuse.  Because that's what it is, to everyone but a few insiders. Excuses justifying enabling these abusers. 

Yes the public at large may not care, but the fact is Dan had certain responsibilities called for in his job set forth by the board. Part of why the G7 stuff included trying to fire him was he was trying to overstep his role as they put it on paper.

the public at large and media need to learn and understand Dan wasn’t God. The board was. 95% of the misplaces anger keeps being aimed at the wrong person: Dan Acheson. 

I’m still amazed Justin Heinbacher NEVER came up in any YEA stories. He had to know as much if not more than Sean King. But he seems safe under the BD umbrella 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, karuna said:

Again I said if after investigating such rumors, finding misconduct, and reporting it to the directors who then take no action,  as CEO he does have a responsibility to resign.   In any case,  the point I'm making is he was not "helpless", "unable to act", or any other silly thing.  You ALWAYS have a choice you can make.  His choice was to do nothing until the entire thing blew up in the press.  He might have felt like he was acting in the best interests of the activity but he was certainly not acting the best interest of the members.  Sorry -- he does not get a pass.

The ceo in this case did as his job dictated per the board. And in fact when he did try to step up more they tried to fire him 

14 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The police detectives that investigate murders are usually not the same as the patrol officers that hand out traffic tickets

In a small force you’d be surprised 

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK - both Andy & Barney give out traffic tickets.  But only Andy is allowed to do murder investigations.

Barney would be more entertaining 

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yes the public at large may not care, but the fact is Dan had certain responsibilities called for in his job set forth by the board. Part of why the G7 stuff included trying to fire him was he was trying to overstep his role as they put it on paper.

the public at large and media need to learn and understand Dan wasn’t God. The board was. 95% of the misplaces anger keeps being aimed at the wrong person: Dan Acheson. 

I’m still amazed Justin Heinbacher NEVER came up in any YEA stories. He had to know as much if not more than Sean King. But he seems safe under the BD umbrella 

um yeah. why I wonder. 

21 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you cant go after someone without proof. there were rumors about Hop swirling before Christmas, but nothing documented. DCI instituted the whistle blower stuff in the spring. Boom, come July they are getting stuff from Pioneer. They investigated, met with Pio staff, and instituted a check in system for the remainder of the season.

Then after finals, even more came to light, DCI dug in, and boom, suspended. Really man, it's been all laid out on DCP in various threads. Follow along.

I'm not saying Dan is 100% blameless, but he's not 100% the sole issue. Hell the whistle blower reports go to someone else to investigate, then the findings are taken to Dan, as it should be.

But should the 'someone else to investigate' be a reporter from a major metropolitan newspaper?  Or should there be someone within the DCI umbrella, a sort of Inspector General, to do the investigation?  Of course, that individual would cost $$, may need a staff ($$), as well as travel and other expenses ($$)

Wondering why Garfield has not set up a thread much like his financial thread with respect to these actual issues.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:36 AM, HockeyDad said:

My appeal to Dan Acheson:  Act. Now and Decisively. Get rid of those you KNOW have no business being in this activity. Or get out of the way and let someone else do the job if you aren't up to the task. The survival of the activity may depend on it. 

Do we need to name names so the press can pick up on it and shame you into action?  Because there are still people out there, and you know it. 

He has proven that he is incapable of doing the job.  All the #### that is hitting the fan now about Pioneer was known and public before this season started.  He has had his chance to act and hasn't.  From everything I've heard, he is a great man.  But that isn't enough to steer DCI through this mess.  He needs to resign or be removed so someone with the capacity to deal with this can step in.