Putting it all in context

7 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Why does that matter? I went to see the Dead more than I should have. It didn't mean I should degrade the opening act by polling the audience but the replies would have been a hoot. 

Of course, it's the older kids that they came to see. Do we need to create more Pioneers to keep this all working so shows that live up to a higher standard? This is a non-profit youth activity why does it matter won wins or not isn't. That seems to closely guarded in our current system. What a joke, efforts were made, so last years MMs don't affect where they go on this year. However, the entire years' payday is based on last year.   No continuity just sly of hand tactics, trying to make things fair, till finals then no one picks out of a hat the only show that counts.                                                                                                                                                          

I get it, its ART - best when it is not true (MC's truth thru art for a loop), does not need to be tasteful or in any way fair, "struggling artist syndrome" for most others are ordained.  What an objective because of the Power of Eight, these walls must come down. 

it doesn't matter who wins or not BUT it does matter IF you are who or what you say you are NOT just for the title. No one is degrading them, well maybe the powers to be did  to put them in that position. I know this as fact by past MMs and staff I have placed elsewhere BUT even sent a few there in the hope they would help with change...nope

If anyone puts these fine MMs in a position like this, promises NEVER kept, rose-colored glasses only to be disappointed, and then the actual fact they are not prepared to even safely do a tour. It's their management and ego.

Edited by GUARDLING

19 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

It's their management and ego.

That comes from insight and you always enlighten but not give away things we don't need to know. As close as I hold this activity close to my heart. I know many, many others gave/give a lot more. I look in from afar and make assumptions that maybe won't work, have already been tried, or make no sense at all, just a different perspective not as close to things, OK just a pest.

47 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

,That comes from insight and you always enlighten but not give away things we don't need to know. As close as I hold this activity close to my heart. I know many, many others gave/give a lot more. I look in from afar and make assumptions that maybe won't work, have already been tried, or make no sense at all, just a different perspective not as close to things, OK just a pest.

Sometimes one has to give insight not needed and I do try not to say things not needed or here to enlighten anyone  ,BUT to just give my experience on the front lines. Not opinion, not hearsay, not gossip. not 2 nd hand opinion just facts as I saw them or have experienced. Now that doesn't mean another's experience can't be different BUT my unique part of the activity does allow me to see a lot of very different experiences and thoughts. There are those no matter what  some say will say or claim the opposite, then when asked , well what has been your experience in a certain issue...then crickets..Oh well the nature of the internet I guess...lol

AS I say my actual experience is not debatable, but issues can be....Not saying you did or do...lol..thanks for the Conversation Bluzes.

Edited by GUARDLING

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

If you want to share in world-class revenues, then become a world-class corps. 

Wow, and the G7 is still alive and well.  Ha!  So interesting how the worm turns (not you personally, Mike; I have no idea how you reacted to the presentation back then or today).

Attaining WC status is about the ability to compete.  There will always be a last place corps.  It's not about placement.

But I do, personally, think a corps' "rating" can include a consideration (actual points deduction) for the number of years a corps spends in last place.

The DCI payout to corps includes a math provision that hat-tips "longevity" in the top-12, top-5, etc. so I see nothing wrong with applying some similar metric to incentivize corps to move up in the ranks and/or not stay at the bottom of the ranks.  I have no idea, however, how that might be structured at the moment.

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

If anything, I think it should be harder to become world-class rather than easier. Because right now you have groups and world-class that have no chance of actually competing to even make finals, let alone win a medal. There’s nothing wrong with that, but in order to develop a more equitable revenue-sharing model, you can’t have everybody in world-class.

Yeah somehow the quotes got jacked.

Yes you can, if the revenue-sharing model is, in fact, more equitable.

(Which, BTW, is an example of where an independent BoD might very well introduce a payout model different from the one the directors passed for themselves.)

11 minutes ago, garfield said:

There will always be a last place corps.

There will. I look forward to a time (preferably with Pioneer still in it) when it's not always the same corps.

(But I agree with the larger point of your post.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

Wow, and the G7 is still alive and well.  Ha!  So interesting how the worm turns (not you personally, Mike; I have no idea how you reacted to the presentation back then or today).

Attaining WC status is about the ability to compete.  There will always be a last place corps.  It's not about placement.

But I do, personally, think a corps' "rating" can include a consideration (actual points deduction) for the number of years a corps spends in last place.

The DCI payout to corps includes a math provision that hat-tips "longevity" in the top-12, top-5, etc. so I see nothing wrong with applying some similar metric to incentivize corps to move up in the ranks and/or not stay at the bottom of the ranks.  I have no idea, however, how that might be structured at the moment.

I didn't get that's what he was saying BUT to your point of Ability to compete can be very different and clearly, there have been those NOT to have the ability to compete. Its not about scores

What is the reason for the difficult LOS entry/reentry? The ticketing system is wireless. Does the Indy Chamber Of Commerce know they are favoring business on the backside of the stadium? It's a very large building and you can only access it by using the gate furthest from your seat. Our best-kept secret The Town Tavern sits there idle and others while there is a line outside establishments on the opposite side.

It's apparent, been complaining about this for years. Dci does not want to hear it from the fans. Maybe the Chamber Of Commerce cares, they already restrict the number of reservations the hotel's around LOS book so it fair for the other Hotels, restaurant access is in the same train of thought. Just looking for sensible LOS access don't care how it comes.

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

What is the reason for the difficult LOS entry/reentry? The ticketing system is wireless. Does the Indy Chamber Of Commerce know they are favoring business on the backside of the stadium? It's a very large building and you can only access it by using the gate furthest from your seat. Our best-kept secret The Town Tavern sits there idle and others while there is a line outside establishments on the opposite side.

It's apparent, been complaining about this for years. Dci does not want to hear it from the fans. Maybe the Chamber Of Commerce cares, they already restrict the number of reservations the hotel's around LOS book so it fair for the other Hotels, restaurant access is in the same train of thought. Just looking for sensible LOS access don't care how it comes.

If you’re a disabled, you can enter through that gate.  Jim went in that gate with his disabled veteran card.