George Hopkins removed from DCI Hall of Fame

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

for all we know, the hall president recused himself from any discussions of Hopkins given the ties

Knowing them for 40 years...I would think so. And likely told them up front that they needed to figure it out and why on no uncertain terms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I knew I should have gone to law school. $800/hr buys a lot of M&Ms. 

I'm not sure what it means that when I saw the term "M&Ms" the first thing that came to mind was 'what does this have to do with marching & maneuvering'?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
to use more better English
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

To be fair it is could also be in part scheduling issues.  Although those in the Drum Corps universe are watching the case with some interest, for the prosecutor, and esp judge, it is just one of many cases they are currently juggling.  They need to make the schedules align, and although they can estimate how long a particular case will take that can always change, and schedule will have to adapt.

Billable hours applies to the defendant, as the State pays the prosecutor.  I have heard of cases where the defendant wastes many billable hours ranting to defense counsel about how unfair it is, etc, and attorney is happy to listen at $800+/hr (according to Google that is abt where criminal defense lawyers rates begin).

Hell, I’ll listen.  Change the 5 cents to $800 and start airing your grievances. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I don’t know. I’m not in the hall. Ask a member. 

"Welcome to the circular firing squad, folks!!! Please step right over here into the middle. We'll get to you as soon as we can!!!" :tongue:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

"Welcome to the circular firing squad, folks!!! Please step right over here into the middle. We'll get to you as soon as we can!!!" :tongue:

Um...apparently I need to explain. I repeated word for word the response I was given, in an attempt  to show how annoying such a response is. Looks like I didn’t succeed. 

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Um...apparently I need to explain. I repeated word for word the response I was given, in an attempt  to show how annoying such a response is. Looks like I didn’t succeed. 

Oh, you succeeded... in ways you will never know!!!  :lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

That’s the problem, you saw it as annoying. Some of us saw it as the best way to find an answer. Will let Jeff answer for his post if he wishes. But when i posted that WDCHOF has a contact us link I was not being sarcastic.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

21 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

That’s the problem, you saw it as annoying. Some of us saw it as the best way to find an answer. Will let Jeff answer for his post if he wishes. But when i posted that WDCHOF has a contact us link I was not being sarcastic.

i did answer. he didn't like it

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i did answer. he didn't like it

Oh I saw it, to me it looked like a serious answer...