A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

This is what came out. If this is what Dan references he definitely created an unneeded smokescreen 

Report: Drum corps leader threw things at work, called women ‘little girls’
http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/hopkins-drum-corps-investigation-cadets-sexual-misconduct-20181105.html

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

This is what came out. If this is what Dan references he definitely created an unneeded smokescreen 

http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/hopkins-drum-corps-investigation-cadets-sexual-misconduct-20181105.html

No.  What Acheson referenced was this:

The writer says, “It will outline a number of examples I have found of people who have worked or volunteered in the activity in recent years who were accused of having inappropriate relationships with students or who have criminal records including crimes of a sexual nature. It will be an in-depth look at these cases and at the policies of both DCI and individual corps.”

3 hours ago, garfield said:

This is just the first 10 pages of this thread.

And Dan A is accused of "fueling speculation".  Unbelievable.

And a reporter saying "A story is coming but it's not ready" is not fueling speculation?

You called me out for saying this isn’t going to be pretty?  It hasn’t been pretty so far.  

I know what I know.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

It was the 50’s and 60’s era mostly, especially when Warren talked about the paddle being abused by the kids and other shenanigans that then were hijinx, now would be someone’s lawsuit 

Thanks.  I'll go look.

39 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'm not subscribing.  Copy/paste, please.

Thanks

Dan, guilty of "depraved indifference"? 

That's a pretty good stretch. To say the least.

Even the Maryland football coach who was recently fired wasn't guilty of "depraved indifference"... and a player died on his watch.  The coach certainly was accountable for that death even though he didn't directly cause it, and absolutely deserved to be booted... he clearly let some people involved with the football program run amok, to a decent degree... but "depraved indifference"?  Come on.

Dan may be many things to many people... and I understand the anger about all this, I'm angry too that there were predators out there, and most likely there are still some involved with marching music, and they need to be gone.

But Dan as a willing participant in a criminal or immoral/unethical enterprise?  Wow.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

It was the 50’s and 60’s era mostly, especially when Warren talked about the paddle being abused by the kids and other shenanigans that then were hijinx, now would be someone’s lawsuit 

Read that part and creeped me the #### out. Yeah just let the “kids” beat each other up a bit to make the corps better. And never got that abuse rookies to make them feel like part of the corps “family” crap either. 

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm not subscribing.  Copy/paste, please.

Thanks

I hit the “x” to close the subscribe screen and could read then. At least on the phone. Bottom line more crap on GH.

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You called me out for saying this isn’t going to be pretty?  It hasn’t been pretty so far.  

I know what I know.

I called you out because you said this:

"Tricia tweeted that there is a forthcoming article but it’s just not ready yet."

If you honestly think that it's not inducing speculation, then I'll apologize here and simply disagree.  I'll even remove you from my list if you prefer.  I mean no particular ill-will; I only want the pitchforks put away.

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I hit the “x” to close the subscribe screen and could read then. At least on the phone. Bottom line more crap on GH.

Ah, thanks.  I tried that and I was blocked.  Quite alright - someone here will grab it.

• Like 1