“Failure to Protect”

37 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In these discussions, it's always best to:

1. Assume good intentions on the part of other participants in the conversation; and

2. Listen for understanding.

What the #### is that supposed to mean?  You should be ashamed of yourself.  Have you no decency?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, garfield said:

The Crossmen BoD surely has a right to know the grievance and I would surely cc: them, but I'd suggest it's time for questions to be directed at the Chair of the BoD, Kathy Black.

She's a rational person who's deeply passionate about enacting solutions that protect participants.  This is what I'm told by many people, and what I believe I've seen personally.

A rational contact, in writing is highly suggested, addressing the situation with your pitchfork put away may surprise you in the answer and acceptance.

JMO

my hunch is she's aware. people in the power chairs read here a lot more than they'll ever admit. I will say though, i wonder if i have to question every out of the blue resignation in the last 12 months. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garfield said:

There's not a single thing in this post with which I disagree.  I would not take the public-shaming route, but your approach is always your choice.

Complain on here...  

Not to beat a dead horse, but you do realize your recommended method has proven to be a failure in the past right? in fact contacting a corps board at the same time Dan was contacted resulted in legal threats to the whistle blower. ( not by DCI or Dan for accuracy). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bluzes said:

You know a lot more than me.I didn't resesrch a time line. When did he find out about GH may have seen it coming. Now I don't know whats worse before or after either way is bad.

according to the article, it appears the online scrubbing happened in the hiring process, but no date is actually mentioned, so Tricia, if you're reading, can you get more specific on that for us?

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s getting to be very frustrating.  It’s worse on Drumcorps Reddit than here.  I heartily thank the one person for their message of support.  I’m seriously thinking of leaving the activity after some of the vile I’ve received.

The activity will actually survive this, imo. Be better for it. And become a safer environment for everyone involved except for the perverts and their enablers. There may even be more bad behaviors from Bad Apples revealed, who knows.   And with that their enablers out in force, here, there and elsewhere then too likely. . But History will someday show that they were on the wrong side of History here I believe,  and that there were some very courageous people that would not be silenced during all this. Thats encouraging, inspiring, and gratifying to know during this transitional stage in the Drum Corps activity, imo.  You've come this far.  So keep the Faith. " Its always the darkest, right before the dawn". 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but you do realize your recommended method has proven to be a failure in the past right? in fact contacting a corps board at the same time Dan was contacted resulted in legal threats to the whistle blower. ( not by DCI or Dan for accuracy). 

Anyone contact Kathy Black?

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

As a good friend said to me and I kind of agree with:  "I prefer to be stealthy and under the radar, and deadly effective".  Suits my style better than swinging around a pitchfork.

Besides, under the circumstances of this organization, talking to the right people can seem difficult and confusing and lends itself well to delays from process mistakes, like contacting the wrong people first.  I don't like process delays.

Edited by garfield

9 minutes ago, garfield said:

As a good friend said to me and I kind of agree with:  "I prefer to be stealthy and under the radar, and deadly effective".  Suits my style better than swinging around a pitchfork.

Besides, under the circumstances of this organization, talking to the right people can seem difficult and confusing and lends itself well to delays from process mistakes, like contacting the wrong people first.  I don't like process delays.

Public shaming is the only thing that works in these situations.

The only corps that need to be worried are those with something to hide.