“Failure to Protect”

Just now, skevinp said:

Senator McCarthy would have been thrilled to have access to such resources.  

Only thing stopping him is he’s dead. Amazing the crap people leave out there. Or don’t have to leave out there as has to be in a backup somewhere.

47 minutes ago, skevinp said:

... and to a computer, internet,  cell phone, social media,  Gov't surveillance, etc.

Edited by BRASSO

51 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

...Then when dci suggests using technology the innocents stand in the way of protecting the kids. Do we want a safe environment or to hold dci to the Bill of Rights?

I deleated my first response to this in order to ask you the following: Do you, Bluzes, hold to the belief that the innocent holding firm to unalianabe rights actually place kids in harms way and are thus standing in the way of protecting kids?

34 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Or reverse McCarthyism that these days resemble. Worrying about dci invading someone's privacy when our rights are abused more each day is nor fair. There are forums thrashing out all these privacy issues with folks more aware of the particulars.

Window 10 forum posters are still wondering why it has a keystroke logger. Logs them all in a file passwords included. For what that's what we are for? Checking this before we push send!

I don't have FB but I know they have a file on me, all of us. Signed up for Grub Hub. Pressed the first letter of my name and I came up as the first choice, go figure. It must be all the new FB friends I don't know making me famous. Unless the eye doctor slipped a chip in my head last week (that's coming) how did Grub Hub know?

10 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

It must be all the new FB friends I don't know making me famous. Unless the eye doctor slipped a chip in my head last week (that's coming) how did Grub Hub know?

They knew it was your internet devise?

15 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I don't have FB but I know they have a file on me, all of us. Signed up for Grub Hub. Pressed the first letter of my name and I came up as the first choice, go figure. It must be all the new FB friends I don't know making me famous. Unless the eye doctor slipped a chip in my head last week (that's coming) how did Grub Hub know?

Auto fill in on your device or what ever the heck it’s called. Had to create an account last night and same think happened with name, address, email. Looks like spell check in appearance and not sure if info stored on device or the web. Windows Chrome does funky things saving info even if you don’t use it as your internet explorer 

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Is anyone on here going to the big DCI pow-wow (aka Januals) later this month?  Would be good to have a report that is not filtered through DCI.  Would be even better to have someone there asking the hard questions

Someone I know (wink wink not me) could have went but he didn’t want to pay the #### near $500 to go. 

30 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Someone I know (wink wink not me) could have went but he didn’t want to pay the #### near $500 to go. 

Bet people who go won’t get a commemorative t shirt either.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Bet people who go won’t get a commemorative t shirt either.

To quote “him”,  he said he doesn’t need anyone to tell him what is right from wrong.  He said he already knows to not hire bad actors and knows to dismiss them when or if they are revealed 

• Like 1