“Failure to Protect”

28 minutes ago, Ghost said:

They knew it was your internet devise?

Yes although the particular laptop is registered to my wife but is used mostly by me. Both of our email accounts are on the device. I purposely messed up the Microsoft Registration to the point where I get the black error message every day to fix. Never use it to purchase things, turn down tracking of all kinds. All this device knows is I use my email USBLUZES more than her which is not USBLUZESEette. The cloud knows our devices are stupid. 

52 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Auto fill in on your device or what ever the heck it’s called. Had to create an account last night and same think happened with name, address, email. Looks like spell check in appearance and not sure if info stored on device or the web. Windows Chrome does funky things saving info even if you don’t use it as your internet explorer 

Cloud Engineering, Big Data crunching our lives into little piles. SkyNet placing a superhub on the moon to control everything. China (who owns Skynet) is developing a Social Media Rating similar to our Credit Scores, you know how useful we are to the elite. We are not going to solve our social ills here. The kids need us to stay focused. 

On 1/1/2019 at 5:29 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Bet people who go won’t get a commemorative t shirt either.

In addition, I have no affiliation with any drum corps and I understand there are costs involved with these meetings.  If a corps representative(s) is attending and voting in the meetings, of course they should pay the full cost.  But I do believe the wellness and safety seminar should have been offered to all drum corps that participate in DCI events at a reduced price.  

Edit:  I’ve been told that DCI is offering the health and wellness seminar at a reduced cost for any DCA corps who wish to attend. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

In addition, I have no affiliation with any drum corps and I understand there are costs involved with these meetings.  If a corps representative(s) is attending and voting in the meetings, of course they should pay the full cost.  But I do believe the wellness and safety seminar should have been offered to all drum corps that participate in DCI events at a reduced price.  

Thanks for the info that a wellness and safety seminar is included. Would be interested how and what training/information is given out (for $500 not that interested). Also how this training/info would be sent to corps who do not send reps.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Good point. How many of these types of conventions don't offer a reduced price for your Significant Other? We both dragged each other along would get a visitors badge for the social events so we didn't eat apart but no access to seminars/meetings. Didn't matter to us most of the time we were off to drum corps or concerts anyway.

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks for the info that a wellness and safety seminar is included. Would be interested how and what training/information is given out (for $500 not that interested). Also how this training/info would be sent to corps who do not send reps.

As you well know, $500 means more to an all-age corps than to the corps with nearly 2 million dollar budgets.  $500 buys a snare drum.  He who shall not be named would rather that $$$ go towards equipment for the members. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

As you well know, $500 means more to an all-age corps than to the corps with nearly 2 million dollar budgets.  $500 buys a snare drum.  He who shall not be named would rather that $$$ go towards equipment for the members. 

Another reason why I’d like to see the breakdown on what will be discussed at the meeting. Along with who will be leading along with the the leaders credentials. Really hope DCI realizes this will always be an ongoing training as things change almost year to year. If anyone thinks this is once and done they are sadly mistaken.

that reminds me... need to check what online training I have to take at work over the next quarter. Past quarter was info security (2 of em) and active shooter. Due for sexual harassment/sexual assault.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1