“Failure to Protect”

Well, this thread has drifted into a weird place. I’m still wondering why Fred Morrison’s failure to protect is not being dealt with. Disappointing. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

It is and myself and others have mentioned it several times but has little to do with Bluesz big brother fears/ideas

Very true. You mentioned something earlier on that. Someone you marched with and I played with in Alumni mentioned to me once that the company they work for looks at FB posts and anything disparaging to the company posted can result in termination. One item they got from the company has their logo covered in duct tape in case it's seen in any pic that could be remotely construed as negative. One employee complained about something at work in a status report and was gone.

Where I work, some jerk who quit complained on FB about the place and made threats. The next thing we knew... the old guard shack was torn down, a new one erected nearly instantly, and heavier security in and out of the facility sprang up as a result. Most of us who still work there would like to give the ex-employee the business for making things more difficult for everyone who remained as a result of a nasty and idiotic FB post.

I'm coming to the conclusion FB is something to sup with a long spoon. a VERY long spoon.

32 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, this thread has drifted into a weird place. I’m still wondering why Fred Morrison’s failure to protect is not being dealt with. Disappointing. 

You're not the only one. And I'm hoping  serious changes are made at the Kilties, believe me, believe me in spades.

I'm more angry about some of this then I let on, but I guess it's the baritone-playing clown that I still am trying to keep people laughing when things get grim like this. I don't want to go over the top with rage...that won't solve the issue either and I'll prolly end up sick as a result from the stress.

Might be better off with a slow steady boil right now than a magazine explosion... for now. :innocent:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigW said:

You're not the only one. And I'm hoping  serious changes are made at the Kilties, believe me, believe me in spades.

I'm more angry about some of this then I let on, but I guess it's the baritone-playing clown that I still am trying to keep people laughing when things get grim like this. I don't want to go over the top with rage...that won't solve the issue either and I'll prolly end up sick as a result from the stress.

Might be better off with a slow steady boil right now than a magazine explosion... for now. :innocent:

To make changes, you need to believe there is a problem.  I don’t think they’re there yet.  

They’re still feigning ignorance, blaming others, or just don’t think there was anything wrong with it.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2018 at 11:38 PM, Jeff Ream said:

for drum corps....the application should have schools, independent groups for indoor and/or drum corps as the people to contact

I am not sure school districts would be wiling...or really be legally able...to provide personal information like that to an outside private group. That opens up a legal can of worms not covered by the new Trash law here in NJ. The districts must provide the information on an individual person basis to a new district under the new law, and they are held harmless in doing so. They would not be covered in providing that same information outside of the education system.

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

DCI is at a crossroads. It has to get this right. Call me an optimist on this, but I believe DCI has enough good and decent people in it, to get this right, and indeed make the activity safer for MM's than it has been. I'm not there yet in witholding financial support, nor recommending such. But I can certainly understand those that have already crossed that threshold, and won't hold this against them should they decide to do so.

I would only ask fans, if they can, to give this some more time to see how it all plays out here, and how DCI handles it moving forward. DCI can't give lip service anymore. They need to change and not allow DCI to become a haven for these creeps.. nor their enablers. Maybe DCI botches it. If so, they'll have only themselves to blame if it all comes crashing down. That said, for the sake of the many" innocents " here in DCI... the many good and decent people throughout the DCI ranks... lets give them a chance to be heard and to see if they can right this ship. I'm willing to see how this all plays out over the next year or two. I think we all should know by then, if not sooner.

seems like the leadership is attending events in an effort to learn:

https://www.drumcorpsworld.com/publications/2019/january/#page=41

7 hours ago, Bluzes said:

I knew it was not like you welcomed my input. An expert on what? Advice totally related to the subject matter that exists on the internet. Facts that dci is in the 7% of companies that don't check online presence and their press is alluding to changing that. That opened sourced software is available to those that can easily reverse engineer for profit. So these individuals slip through the huge hole in the dam. I am not to here to make anyone's day better other than the kids on tour. 

i read your input thoroughly. you veered, then zigged, then zagged, and went off in some wild directions that had even verteran DCP posters getting a sore neck whipping around trying to follow where you were going, always with an air of "i know more than you".

hence why i asked

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

You're utilizing China as your model of what the Gov't/ employers should do to snoop on its citizens  in hopes of achieving more safety within the populace ?   China ? Really ?  Why not North Korea for your example in that neck of the woods ? Don't they do a much better job of snooping on people and keeping their citizens in line ?  No " Bill of Rights " individual  liberty issues in either China or North Korea, no siree. I suppose by your utilizing these Individual Liberties repressive societies as your model of what Big Brother can do, we should abandon our Bill of Rights Protections and model ourselves in the future like them ?  What things do you like in this article that China is doing that you believe that DCI should adopt in order to achieve better safety for its marchers in the future ?  Otherwise, what is your point in citing an article on what China is currently doing in advanced, sophisticated snooping on its citizens ?

i gave Brasso multiple trophy ratings in one day.

hell has frozen over :laugh:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

to be honest ( since you ignored me when i replied to you bringing this up earlier)....it may be being dealt with, we don't know yet. i expect we would know more after the Januals

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Given Kilties have the same board minus 1 since then, and apparently one member of the board is victim shaming on social media, I doubt anything is happening

• Like 1