In addition the criminal charges against GH

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

That's a ridiculously high severance relative to his position in an entity of this nature.  This is not a multi-billion dollar company with thousands of employees that can easily absorb such an expense.  Where did anyone ever think the money was coming from?  

However, I don't think the stupidity of one party absolves the unconscionable action of another when it comes to blame imho.  

I agree it is a ridiculously high severence ask relative to the organization status. But either some sort of severence contract was actually in play, or YEA just did the math and settled out of court with a number that was at or lower than the cost of battling it out in court. No matter what though, if the Board of an entity the size and scope of YEA did not financially plan for something like this that falls into the category of poor planning.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2

Just now, Stu said:

I agree it is a ridiculously high severence ask relative to the organization status. But either some sort of severence contract was actually in play, or YEA just did the math and settled out of court with a number that was at or lower than the cost of battling it out in court.

Cost of battling it out in court and/or being told “you can fight it but chances of winning suck”.

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m just looking for if this whole mess has been resolved or if there are pieces of GH retirement package still to be worked out. Could read it either way from the articles 

The only way we will know is if he re-files in PA state court.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

I agree it is a ridiculously high severence ask relative to the organization status. But either some sort of severence contract was actually in play, or YEA just did the math and settled out of court with a number that was at or lower than the cost of battling it out in court.

Much lower, I suspect.  At this point, to GH, a 100,000 birds in the hand is likely worth more than 600,000 in the bush.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Right, so how would you characterize it as "fair," without knowing what it is? I posted the entirety of the order above.

For all we outsiders know GH ran out of money and didn't want to pay his lawyers any more.

If it's inside info, someone is in big trouble.

Settlements like this are confidential and leaking can result in the deals falling apart and even potentially sanctions by the court.

if Rutherford himself said he was entitled to the retirement account monies, what's to complain about? YEA never denied he was owed that. The rest was thrown out for being filed in the wrong venue. it's a state issue, not federal

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

The public will never see the full agreement.

and i havent seen the figures involved, nor do I care. that the YEA Board chair said it was money he's entitled to, there's really no more that needs to be said.

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Cost of battling it out in court and/or being told “you can fight it but chances of winning suck”.

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

Much lower, I suspect.  At this point, to GH, a 100,000 birds in the hand is likely worth more than 600,000 in the bush.  

The cost of battling it out is also directly proportional to the amount of capital the other party has.

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Not sure how you would know this, since you say you only got to know him in 2017-2018.  But even if true, what does that say about his abilities as a manager and fundraiser?  

Hmmm... 10 time DCI World Title Champions...

Thats what that says. 

3 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Hmmm... 10 time DCI World Title Champions...

Thats what that says. 

winning isn't everything

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

winning isn't everything

Jeff, Jim,... my sister... how many of our friends will tell anyone willing to listen that long term financial stability and continued existence of the corps is worth more than one championship. :sleep:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1