In addition the criminal charges against GH

16 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Can you provide the link to the court docs via PM by chance?  I didn't see those and am just interested in reading them (wanted to be a judge in my much younger days) :)

Rather than only going by a ream of posts, this adds more info, not alot but some.

https://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nws-hopkins-allentown-drum-corps-retirement-settlement-20190130-story.html

27 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

It’s better for you and your cause if I ‘just take a knee’. Just like the small group of Alumni said to George, it’s better for him to just take the draw (as in Chess... aka Bobby Fischer). I think you know what I mean. Check your sources on January 23rd, 2018. 

my cause is justice served however deemed legally feasible. If you note above I said the settlement was a fair and legally agreed upon settlement. Doesn't sound to me like i am bashing anyone now does it?

Your silence only matters when you mistakenly presume what others want/think/feel....because your presumptions are generally wrong, and in further trying to defend him, you only open new cans of worms for people to use against you and him. Right now if i had to choose between you or Rudy Gulliani for a spokesperson, it'd be a big tossup as to which one would do less damage

25 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Can you provide the link to the court docs via PM by chance?  I didn't see those and am just interested in reading them (wanted to be a judge in my much younger days) 🙂

I do not have access to it on this computer

35 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's a fair legal settlement. I see nothing wrong with it.

The settlement is not public, so anyone saying they know the exact terms is talking out of their ###. The one-page order dismisses the case from federal court. It does not mention the terms of the agreement between the parties.

kUKznxA.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, exitmusic said:

The settlement is not public, so anyone saying they know the exact terms is talking out of their ###. The one-page order dismisses the case from federal court. It does not mention the terms of the agreement between the parties.

kUKznxA.png

from the article

According to an order filed in federal court Tuesday, Youth Education in the Arts and Hopkins have reached an agreement on his claim that the nonprofit failed to make a matching contribution to Hopkins’ retirement account, as it was required to do.

An attorney for YEA, Paul G. Lees, said he was not at liberty to discuss the settlement. Anthony Andrisano, who represents Hopkins, did not return a call.

YEA board Chairman Doug Rutherford said YEA has never denied Hopkins was entitled to the organization’s contribution to his retirement account.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

It’s better for you and your cause if I ‘just take a knee’. Just like the small group of Alumni said to George, it’s better for him to just take the draw (as in Chess... aka Bobby Fischer). I think you know what I mean. Check your sources on January 23rd, 2018. 

Take a knee for Hoppy?

Ewwwwwww!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njthundrrd said:

Hey guys, let's put an end to the speculation right here.

The settlement in that article was for the company contribution to his 401k (that by law he deserved) for a few thousand dollars that was offered to him previously. 

Guessing either insider info or a link that hasn’t surfaced yet? Not doubting you just want to verify the new (apparently good) news.

edit: just saw the above link but not sure if this is the whole agreement

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

from the article

According to an order filed in federal court Tuesday, Youth Education in the Arts and Hopkins have reached an agreement on his claim that the nonprofit failed to make a matching contribution to Hopkins’ retirement account, as it was required to do.

An attorney for YEA, Paul G. Lees, said he was not at liberty to discuss the settlement. Anthony Andrisano, who represents Hopkins, did not return a call.

YEA board Chairman Doug Rutherford said YEA has never denied Hopkins was entitled to the organization’s contribution to his retirement account.

Right, so how would you characterize it as "fair," without knowing what it is? I posted the entirety of the order above.

For all we outsiders know GH ran out of money and didn't want to pay his lawyers any more.

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Guessing either insider info or a link that hasn’t surfaced yet? Not doubting you just want to verify the new (apparently good) news.

If it's inside info, someone is in big trouble.

Settlements like this are confidential and leaking can result in the deals falling apart and even potentially sanctions by the court.

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

edit: just saw the above link but not sure if this is the whole agreement

The public will never see the full agreement.

5 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

The public will never see the full agreement.

I’m just looking for if this whole mess has been resolved or if there are pieces of GH retirement package still to be worked out. Could read it either way from the articles