Zionsville, IN - Sunday, June 23, 2019

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Carolina Crown is one of a few corps this year who pretty much ignore the upper left quadrant of the field.  Front ensemble restricts it some, I know it’s probably a conscious decision for the drums to have a place up front with no front ensemble in their way for the judges to get a read.  

Not digging them for it, just seems like a side effect of the removal of judges from the field. 

Side 2 35 is the new 50.  

Yeah I've seen it with a number of these "pit on the field" set ups. 

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Have they not learned from 2015?

Those "Ode to Joy" patches were the only stain on an otherwise beautifully-designed show.

I mean, considering they won Music Analysis in 2015...I'm not sure what lesson you were hoping they would learn?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hate typing to this forum from my phone.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Carolina Crown is one of a few corps this year who pretty much ignore the upper left quadrant of the field.  Front ensemble restricts it some, I know it’s probably a conscious decision for the drums to have a place up front with no front ensemble in their way for the judges to get a read.  

Not digging them for it, just seems like a side effect of the removal of judges from the field. 

Corps have been squeezing down the field for 3 or 4 years. Last year SCV had the white poles on the first third of the field. 

• Like 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I dont know a single group that didnt move the battery to the front sideline for a feature this year.  I hate the rule change...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

We definitely don’t need those choral patches with the brass. They can do it on their own.   

Absolutely agree