Muncie, IN - Friday, June 28, 2019

This is one of my favorite shows of the season so far. Feels like classic Phantom. Much better than the last few seasons from them. Needs a lot of polishing, and I have no idea where they’ll end up placing, but I LOVE the design.  It’s a shame that they’ve lost some talent because of the mishaps over the last few years.

• Like 4

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

Some of you might hate me for saying this, but Will Pitts murdered that arraignment Fire of Eternal Glory. 

He did; you can't expect to arrange a classic Phantom piece nearly note-by-note and expect to get free points... He really needs to step it up

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

Some of you might hate me for saying this, but Will Pitts murdered that arraignment Fire of Eternal Glory. 

That's the musical part that needs the most work.  And they might be limited what they can do with it it seems.  Programming FOEG wasn't a great move in the first place though, some bits are just too iconic with a corps to do again.

Visual design and just overall program pacing and coordination are my biggest issues with this Phantom Regiment show.  Musically I don’t mind it as much I guess.   Idk.  Just started watching so I can’t really compare but that’s what doesn’t seem up to par with finalist corps as of late to me. 

Some moments get close but then they lose me again.   

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Musically ok, visually, unmemorable. They have their work cut our for them to make this into something, but so do most of the other 10 to 14th place corps I've seen so far.

Edited by Slingerland

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Visual design and just overall program pacing and coordination across the board is my biggest issue with this Phantom Regiment show.  Musically I don’t mind it as much I guess.   Idk.  Just started watching so I can’t really compare but that’s what doesn’t seem up to par with finalist corps as of late to me. 

I think they’ll beat Scouts and Colts. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fanman said:

PR performance much improved. But this show feels a decade out of date. 

You’re probably right, but I loved it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Well, I'll stand in front of the firing squad with you, because he absolutely did. Such a shame. I watched '93 Regiment last Sunday because FOEG was so glorious. I really miss arrangements like that.