What happened to Madison?

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Somewhere down the line, Instead of teacing many of our youth the nobilities of self sacrafice, honor, delayed gratification, patience, wisdom, consequence, vertue, convent, the true meaning of success, and holding them to that standard, our culture has allowed them to develop their own sense of narcissistic, twitter, Facebook,  Machiavellian, no consequence, immediate gratification no matter what perverted definition of success.

Stu, that is 100% spot on correct.

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

Somewhere down the line, Instead of teacing many of our youth the nobilities of self sacrafice, honor, delayed gratification, patience, wisdom, consequence, vertue, convent, the true meaning of success, and holding them to that standard, our culture has allowed them to develop their own sense of narcissistic, twitter, Facebook,  Machiavellian, no consequence, immediate gratification no matter what perverted definition of success.

Closed caption: "Grumpy old man complains that the younger generation doesn't exist just to please him."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

Closed caption: "Grumpy old man complains that the younger generation doesn't exist just to please him."

Refresh my memory. If I remember our previous exchanges correctly, you and I are as far as any two people can get as it applies to the opposite ends of the spectrum.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

They are marching where they want. Nobody forced them to try out for that corps. It was of their own Free Will. However, the nature of fairness withn competition, social cohesivness, and respect for others, mandates that rules of transfer  and competition must be established. There are consiquences for your Free Will choices. Free Will does demand responsibility and consequence of action. So if you made the wrong choice, consequence, even suffering, teaches that respect for others.

It is truly hard to believe that you believe this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Refresh my memory. If I remember our previous exchanges correctly, you and I are as far as any two people can get as it applies to the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Didn't realize that was you. LOL, that makes so much sense.

5 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Yes I believe that Free Will does demand responsibility and consequence of action. So if you made the wrong choice, consequence, even suffering, teaches wisdom and respect for others. And if you learn to take failure with grace, deeper appreciation for success will materialize. Yes I believe that to the core of my soul.

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yes I believe that Free Will does demand responsibility and consequence of action. So if you made the wrong choice, consequence, even suffering, teaches wisdom and respect for others. And if you learn to take failure with grace, deeper appreciation for success will materialize. Yes I believe that to the core of my soul.

Wrong choice? Maybe you made the right choice to march corps A one year, and then you made another right choice to march corps B the next year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

That post is a caricature of the boomer generation. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

Wrong choice? Maybe you made the right choice to march corps A one year, and then you made another right choice to march corps B the next year. 

However, my comment was in direct reference to what if a youth actually did make the wrong choice.