El Dorado, KS - Monday, JUly 15, 2019

love the recap...people judging their sheet!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

We were all talking about that last evening when Stephan said it wasn’t the first time Cadets gave a very talented corps a dud. 

I still get irritated about what a waste of a skilled corps that 2015 show was. 

But this is a totally a different story and I get that. The corps is still just trying to land on its feet and there are so many new faces all throughout the design team and staff that a few swings & a miss are not entirely unexpected. Hell, I’m sure it will take a few seasons just to figure out what their design aesthetic will be after so many years with Hop at the helm. And, at the end of the day, I’m thrilled The Cadets are still going strong after their much needed sweeping changes; it’s just that their dud show happened to line up against a year of competitors who aced their design ideas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

anyone thinking Cadets would be an instant contender this year are living in denial in the quality of DCI top to bottom now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cicook7 said:

hmm, they've bested Vanguard? when? *source*

posted from the DrumScorps app

As Drumman said it was 2010 Ogden which is a home show for BK and was quite a feat. SCV was slow out of the gates and BK super clean and thus the topped SCV and then were close again going into Denver. The rest of the season SCV took off and ended up 5th, BK 10th... I believe that was the Eureka show from SCV that year??

Just now, wesleyrp said:

As Drumman said it was 2010 Ogden which is a home show for BK and was quite a feat. SCV was slow out of the gates and BK super clean and thus the topped SCV and then were close again going into Denver. The rest of the season SCV took off and ended up 5th, BK 10th... I believe that was the Eureka show from SCV that year??

That was Bartok, ended up 7th.  

I LOVE that BK show.  Just straight up good music and drill.  Still my favorite arrangement of Farandole on the field.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

I still get irritated about what a waste of a skilled corps that 2015 show was. 

But this is a totally a different story and I get that. The corps is still just trying to land on its feet and there are so many new faces all throughout the design team and staff that a few swings & a miss are not entirely unexpected. Hell, I’m sure it will take a few seasons just to figure out what their design aesthetic will be after so many years with Hop at the helm. And, at the end of the day, I’m thrilled The Cadets are still going strong after their much needed sweeping changes; it’s just that their dud show happened to line up against a year of competitors who aced their design ideas.

I just wish that they’d gone in a different direction and I’ve said so since 6/20. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1