Murfreesboro, TN - Friday, July 26, 2019

4 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

I had hoped it would show up in content if nothing!

No doubt about that!!  I have 100% faith in the BAC staff.  They absolutely know what they are doing, but they are in an interesting quandary.  

Content can only be realized if the book is somewhat clean. Hard to pick up on the nuances of a book if it isn't being played clean. Not sure if that necessarily applies to Boston (I'm a brass guy so my ability to discern clean vs unclean playing isn't nearly as good as some of the percussion guys on here), but that's usually what the case is when a corps is playing something difficult but dirty 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Its a non stop barrage and assault of FFFF. Needs more musicality and touch. It drives me nuts when writers try to win the notes contest.

Their whole show is one level of super high intensity. It’s cool at a certain level, but it wears on you and it’s hard to sound clean for 11.5 minutes every night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

You need to understand that BD essentially did tonight, what Bluecoats did in San Antonio.

BD sqeaked it out on a very fine level against a crowded field with lower placing corps factoring in the subcaptions.

BD didn't make a 'jump' at all (no more than Bloo 'fell'... which they didn't), they just got the right combination on the night... and that's how this is likely going to go.

Some people just have to make this into Gladiator, for some strange reason.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They have extremely short memories. 

For them to win, everyone else has to lose. Kinda over it. Just gets old.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

I think two things will matter in these last two weeks.

1) How clean was your run ( Drops, Drum line, Soloist quality)

2) Who is judging the group and in what caption.

There are some biases starting to creep up and what Judges you have will matter just as much as the Run you had ( Because of the REP, CONT & SBST numbers)

I've said it before... have been saying it for years... and I'll say it again.

It IS possible to win a show without winning any captions.  Bloo did it in San Antonio, BD nearly did it last night by depending on unlikely point acquisition in visual.

This is a season that could facilitate the occurrence for either BD or Bloo given the competition of SCV and Crown.

Edit: and Boston (sorry)

Edited by cfirwin3

8 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

BD nearly did it last night by depending on unlikely point acquisition in visual.

Huh?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Huh?

It's very hard to win a show by losing GE and music.

Their win was scraped out by point acquisition in the visual caption (even though they were 2nd in Guard).  Their close competitiveness in GE was enough to make it work without winning the biggest caption (GE) and also getting shuffled in the mix on music (4th in MA and Perc).

That is a very highly unlikely route to a win... almost as unlikely as what Bloo did in San Antonio.

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Huh?

Pretty much said BD needed Chumley for the win.

• Thanks 1