Summer schedule changes pending

1 hour ago, garfield said:

To be fair, one big driver of the events of 40 months ago was that a lot of people said the economy had never recovered and that's why change was needed.

And when shown numbers like the one you share above, which show a recovery seven years earlier, from sources just like that, they typically would respond in one of these two ways:

1. You can't trust what the government is telling us. That's not the "real" number.

2. Oh sure, the stock market recovered and GDP recovered and unemployment recovered, but the first two aren't helping "regular" folks, and the last one is illusory because the new jobs aren't as good as the jobs before 2008.

The first argument was pure garbage, especially since those people often point to the exact same sources now as being trustworthy.

The second one had, and continues to have, *some* merits. I may not agree with the decision people made in response to their feelings of economic anxiety, but they had valid reasons to feel that way.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

To be fair, one big driver of the events of 40 months ago was that a lot of people said the economy had never recovered and that's why change was needed.

And when shown numbers like the one you share above, which show a recovery seven years earlier, from sources just like that, they typically would respond in one of these two ways:

1. You can't trust what the government is telling us. That's not the "real" number.

2. Oh sure, the stock market recovered and GDP recovered and unemployment recovered, but the first two aren't helping "regular" folks, and the last one is illusory because the new jobs aren't as good as the jobs before 2008.

The first argument was pure garbage, especially since those people often point to the exact same sources now as being trustworthy.

The second one had, and continues to have, *some* merits. I may not agree with the decision people made in response to their feelings of economic anxiety, but they had valid reasons to feel that way.

You do keep that political drumbeat going. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You do keep that political drumbeat going. 

I see it as N.E. Brigand as making a legit case and reinforcing it.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I see it as N.E. Brigand as making a legit case and reinforcing it.

Well I don’t agree. But I try hard to keep those opinions to myself. Because I understand this forum is no place for politics. This is a place to escape politics. So I don’t appreciate it. 

• Like 5

I didn’t ask you to appreciate it.  We all have opinions and we all know what they say about opinions. As for “escaping politics on DCP”. Really? Many posts on this site are politically motivated. DCP is no “haven” to escape politics. Sorry, but it’s true. It’s like you going after me for agreeing with another poster on a topic you disagree with. If you “keep your opinion to yourself” why do you feel the need to chastise me?

Edited by Sutasaurus

36 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I didn’t ask you to appreciate it.  We all have opinions and we all know what they say about opinions. As for “escaping politics on DCP”. Really? Many posts on this site are politically motivated. DCP is no “haven” to escape politics. Sorry, but it’s true. It’s like you going after me for agreeing with another poster on a topic you disagree with. If you “keep your opinion to yourself” why do you feel the need to chastise me?

You might want to take a gander at the guidelines.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Mod hat on...

Per the guidelines, political posts are not permitted. Some are getting close to crossing that line, or have even gone slightly over it. Please refrain from making those type of statements here. Before you submit, take a second look and tweak any statements that are politically charged one way or the other.

Thanks

• Like 1