Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

But if it cheers people up to think of me as looking like Hayley Mills, so be it.

0a9a78d5e78e5ad60baa41eb2ca3dc37.jpg

Which drum corps show should Hayley Mills bring to mind?

1 minute ago, Continental said:

You would not understand the message.

Sure I would!  I'm not that crazy!  Italian and Spanish are very close in translation!

I just choose to speak English.

YMMV

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

You would not understand the message.

Hmm, Google says that would be "No entenderías el mensaje" not "Dios mío, se vuelve más loco!" but not speaking the language, I don't know if that's accurate.

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And yet we hear that coronavirus is something new and we are still learning. Biggest reason people get bit in the butt is to believe they know more than they actually do. 

Yeah I’m a bad mood as went to different grocery store and about 10-15% not wearing masks. Kid at service counter said “we can’t force them anymore”. Funny always thought store could refuse service except for race, religion, etc. I walked out..... bye bye Weis. Also interesting how many people without masks had this “go ahead say something” looks on their faces..... learn more about human nature every day. Beginning to see why my dad would say “glad I’m closer to the end of my life than the beginning” (usually said after he dealt with peoples stupidity or selfishness)

You hear all kinds of #### from people who don’t know anything about this topic.

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I wear a different button now, a Christmas gift from my sister eighteen months ago. it has four numbers on it. No, not the four you're thinking of. No, not those either. 

We might need to have a discussion about your DCP flair...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Good article on COVID-19 mutation:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-know-about-mutation-and-covid-19

(Hopefully good news)

I’ve been saying this for weeks now, but of course this can’t possibly be right because someone in the media said the mutation could wipe out all of mankind.

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

You hear all kinds of #### from people who don’t know anything about this topic.

Mike I’m sure you are very good at what you do but imo you are overconfident. Hope I am proven wrong but after 40 years in IT I have just heard way too many times people say “this is what is going to happen” and it doesn’t. Maybe I missed it but have yet to see you post “we think” or “we are confident that”. What I see is statements about when vaccines come out and when things will get back to normal like they are written in stone. Good luck in your work but like I said before I’ll wait to see it happen and not build my hopes up

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Mike I’m sure you are very good at what you do but imo you are overconfident. Hope I am proven wrong but after 40 years in IT I have just heard way too many times people say “this is what is going to happen” and it doesn’t. Maybe I missed it but have yet to see you post “we think” or “we are confident that”. What I see is statements about when vaccines come out and when things will get back to normal like they are written in stone. Good luck in your work but like I said before I’ll wait to see it happen and not build my hopes up

I work in clinical trials and in fact designed the world’s first Covid 19 patient registry. And my wife is the lead iv therapist for the largest hospital in Tennessee, and has personally cared for every single diagnosed patient at the hospital. Yes she wears a hazmat suit. I live it, for better and for worse.

The reason we have a clinical trials process is because it takes trial and error and great expertise to successfully diagnose effective treatments. Most of the clinical trials do not make it to Phase 3 for a variety of reasons. What we are seeing right now with this vaccine is unprecedented in human history in so many ways that it is really inconceivable to me that the process won’t lead to several successful vaccines by winter 2021.

I could be wrong.

I am not a doctor. I have no inside knowledge, only knowledge that I have gained and must have to do my job. It is possible that this process could drag on into 2021 but I think it is extremely likely, based on the sheer volume and power of the companies involved, that we will have several ways to effectively combat this virus soon.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3