Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Last year of mandatory color presentation was well before 78 or 79. Might have been 73 or even 72.

I know that we (Dips) did a colour pre in '72, but no colour in '73.  I think that colour pre was not mandatory in '73, but what would I know since I can't spell colour.🤒

• Haha 2

I don't think a color pre was mandatory in DCI starting with 1972, at least not one presenting the actual colors. If my memory serves, our presentation used a bogus flag to eliminate any possibility of flag violations. The music was "A Mighty Fortress is our God" and Mahler's 5th Symphony. The "flag" was presented in the Peace Sign drill (3rd year making one).

the weather encouraged me to stay inside

Went for a cold bike ride Saturday afternoon, 25 miles or so chilled by a brisk wind, especially when I got near the lake. The longest I've done since early fall, probably.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Went for a cold bike ride Saturday afternoon, 25 miles or so chilled by a brisk wind, especially when I got near the lake. The longest I've done since early fall, probably.

It has been cold for April here in NJ. Our walk today with some neighbors was 46 degrees..the norm for us is 63 or so this time of year.

On 4/26/2020 at 5:39 PM, MikeD said:

I don't think a color pre was mandatory in DCI starting with 1972, at least not one presenting the actual colors. If my memory serves, our presentation used a bogus flag to eliminate any possibility of flag violations. The music was "A Mighty Fortress is our God" and Mahler's 5th Symphony. The "flag" was presented in the Peace Sign drill (3rd year making one).

Was that in response to the Vietnam War?

today i was encouraged to not speak my mind so I didn't have HR issues later

A touching musical salute commemorating the 75th anniversary of a solemn occasion:

• Like 1

I am encouraged by the early reports on a COVID19 vaccine created at Oxford, which was completely successful in its first trials on monkeys. A possible lucky break in that the researchers had previously developed the potential vaccine for SARS and were able to modify it in a hurry. Lots of hurdles still to clear, but if it works out, it could become available well before the 18-month schedule that has generally been understood (based on past vaccine efforts) to be the minimum amount of time needed.

Fingers crossed.