If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

12 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

How this all affects DCI , time will tell. I don't know how it doesn't. I am involved in several auditions fall, winter and summer and I do know many are saying no way are they going to risk  themselves ( or their kids ) in such an intimate activity , at least for quite a while.

That actually appears to support the argument cixelsyd has been making.

(But it only appears that way.)

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That actually appears to support the argument cixelsyd has been making.

(But it only appears that way.)

I didn't read back far to see what they were saying. It's like watching some cable news, can only engage so much....lol. I only know what I have been a part of or what has been my experience. In this case , what I am being told. Can that change? sure, people tend to forget quite quickly. Maybe maybe not, we shall see.

I do think, like in 9-11..how can you possibly go back without change. It would be quite sad if in circumstances  like this we've learned nothing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Continental said:

Can someone please help with the definition of TDS, ODS and HDS?

My OCD is preventing me from knowing what they refer to. 

"If you’re a P-V-T,
Your duty is to salute the L-I-E-U-T;
But if you brush the L-I-E-U-T,
The M.P. make you K.P. on the Q.T."

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Can’t find these channels on my cable system... are they on Dish? 😜

Remember when TLC was about science and learning?

And the History Channel was about history?

Drum corps.

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

Remember when TLC was about science and learning?

And the History Channel was about history?

Drum corps.

Actually watching lot of Smithsonian channel.

But this is a music social media group, so...

Remember when MTV and VH1 played music? Robot Chicken even slammed them for that one..... 🤮

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Actually watching lot of Smithsonian channel.

But this is a music social media group, so...

Remember when MTV and VH1 played music? Robot Chicken even slammed them for that one..... 🤮

I have not watched Robot Chicken for a while.  I should catch up while thinking about DCI getting back into action. 

• Haha 1

the world was allowed to get this virus and it has placed DCI / my own corps in question. Why nobody points to this is beyond me. These fools played us all in the world. 

1 hour ago, E3D said:

the world was allowed to get this virus and it has placed DCI / my own corps in question. Why nobody points to this is beyond me. These fools played us all in the world. 

George Hopkins?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

So you’ve got a study to cite to show [hydroxychloroquine] doesn’t work at all?  Since we’re all apparently scientists now. ... Remdesivir ... too?

Hydroxychloroquine does have some known value for other conditions. It hasn't yet been shown to have any great value for coronavirus treatment. A study released today found it did no good, but it was a small study, and also it came from a Chinese source whose reliability some are questioning. Meanwhile doctors have been trying it in some New York hospitals for a few weeks now, but from what I've read (in those doctors' own words), it hasn't done any good. It also comes with some risky cardiac side effects. I hope it turns out to be of use! But the desperate rumors about it have had some negative effects: (1) Because there's been a run on supplies, people with lupus, a disease it's used to treat, are finding it hard to get medication they need. (2) Some gullible people misunderstood reports about it and ingested a related compound and got sick. (3) Today the Dept. of Justice charged a doctor with mail fraud for selling the drug as a miracle cure. None of those things mean that it won't turn out that hydroxychloroquine, administered in the right way at the right moment of infection, doesn't have a place in treating COVID19. But there's no solid evidence of that to date.

We also don't know yet whether remdesivir will prove worthwhie. A leaked report yesterday from its manufacturer, Gilead, indicates that it might be quite useful. (On these forums, that drug was first mentioned more than a month ago by garfield.) But the company has yet to confirm that. Tonight on TV I saw Dr. Zeke Emmanuel, the chair of the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania, say that even if the remdesivir results are good, it's still going to be of limited value, because the drug is administered intravenously. It won't be a pill or a shot that keeps anyone safe. If it works, it will keep hospitalized patients from dying -- but it's not a drug that will keep people out of the hospital in the first place. Still, every little bit helps.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Speaking of which, the number of COVID19 deaths in the U.S. nearly doubled in the past week ... but that's (relatively) good news.

7 weeks ago: 0 deaths

6 weeks ago: 17 deaths

5 weeks ago: 49 deaths (+188%)

4 weeks ago: 249 deaths (+408%)

3 weeks ago: 1,588 deaths (+583%)

2 weeks ago: 7,152 deaths (+350%)

1 week ago: 18,758 deaths (+160%)

Now: 36,997 deaths (+97%)

If the average rate of decline in growth over the past three weeks continues (it's 55%, right?), this wave will result in 105,000 total deaths.

Fingers crossed that we can finish below that total.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2