Coronavirus predictions, projections, models, facts and opinions.

19 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

[...] just at the least use the common sense he gave you.

"I sent you a radio report, a helicopter, and a guy in a rowboat..."

(An old parable, but here delivered by Karl Malden to Martin Sheen.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

and when they need an ER....get to the back of the line.......................Ignorance can be bliss...and sometimes ignorance is just ignornance...I'll keep saying it

After seeing health care workers protesting the protesters in CO and PA I’d say if they were protesting without masks and no social distancing.... bleep em they should stay home... they’re putting health care workers at risk by taking a chance to catch it...

edit: that is stay home to recover after catching it, not put health care workers at further risk

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

EWExxnGUcAISJOt?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Does make me rethink Crossmen's 2013 show, though.

My my my.... appears PA overtook MI for #4 in number of cases..... both states having people standing close together with no masks. see you in 2 weeks. 🤮.   

Tomorrow local supermarket chain will start enforcing no mask... no entry. Waiting for that to get ugly too.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I realize how important this virus is to some, but now we're getting to the point where governors are shutting too much stuff down with authoritarian rule.

My concern is that there is a real possibility that civil unrest may lead to violence, and that violence leads to someone getting injured or killed which may start civil war. People with nothing have nothing to lose. 

5 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I realize how important this virus is to some, but now we're getting to the point where governors are shutting too much stuff down with authoritarian rule.

My concern is that there is a real possibility that civil unrest may lead to violence, and that violence leads to someone getting injured or killed which may start civil war. People with nothing have nothing to lose. 

I understand what you are saying, I recently saw a call to arms from a group called the Michigan Militia for today. Thankfully that has not materialized.

But today was the first day in over a month that no one died from the virus in my county. And the new cases dropped from 317 on April 15, to 49 today. So I am seeing good results here in SE Michigan.

My yahoo nephew (by marriage) was part of the demonstration in Lansing last week. He was exercised because construction on his new built in pool was suspended and he was unable to buy annuals for his garden and part of Meijer was roped off. This is literally true. I could go on and in with this story, but I just won’t.  

In short, I support the executive order here in MI (set to expire in its current form on May 1).

Also, today my step-father was buried. There was a priest and four mourners in attendance (myself included). That was all that was allowed to attend.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Sad 6

39 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Oh yes, yes, yes.  You mean like the anti-racism student that died at the hands of a Neo-Nazi at "Unite The Right" Rally in Charlottesville, Virginia in August 2017?  Yeah, no.  Neo-Nazi Racism is not my idea of true "civil unrest".  I agree that we need to get back as close to normal as soon as this virus is under control, but these protesters are reckless at best.  Some protesters have called for the firing of Dr. Faci & called the entire COVID-19 a political hoax.   The only way to restart our economy is with every type of MASS TESTING of just about everyone that goes out into society.  (work force, students, recreational activities, protesters, etc.)

There are (3) three current polls show the majority of the public think the protesters are out of line and we do not need to rush into a reckless act of opening our economy too soon.  The polls are running approx. 65% to 35% in that manner.  Those polls were conducted by both right & left leaning organization.  You cannot argue with the medical science & the data.  Listen to what it screaming right now.  Of course, our country is in different places right now as to the spread but our numbers have been for the most part kept in check.  But that could all change in the next couple of weeks.  :soapbox:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/28/736915323/neo-nazi-who-killed-charlottesville-protester-is-sentenced-to-life-in-prison    

P.S. I have a couple of relatives that think this is all a (D) hoax.  You know, they're not real smart...

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I understand what you are saying, I recently saw a call to arms from a group called the Michigan Militia for today. Thankfully that has not materialized.

But today was the first day in over a month that no one died from the virus in my county. And the new cases dropped from 317 on April 15, to 49 today. So I am seeing good results here in SE Michigan.

My yahoo nephew (by marriage) was part of the demonstration last week. He was exercised because construction on his new built in pool was suspended and he was unable to by annuals for his garden and part of Meijer was roped off.

In short, I support the executive order here in MI (set to expire in its current form on May 1).

Also, today my step-father was buried. There was a priest and four mourners in attendance (myself included). That was all that was allowed to attend.

Again my deepest sympathy. It is quite sad, and no stats, charts,  slight of hand and mouth on information changes the reality of all of this. Can or is there an over- reach by some? Maybe, BUT I would rather extra care, rather than less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Oh yes, yes, yes.  You mean like the anti-racism student that died at the hands of a Neo-Nazi at "Unite The Right" Rally in Charlottesville, Virginia in August 2017?  Yeah, no.  Neo-Nazi Racism is not my idea of true "civil unrest".  I agree that we need to get back as close to normal as soon as this virus is under control, but these protesters are reckless at best.  Some protesters have called for the firing of Dr. Faci & called the entire COVID-19 a political hoax.   The only way to restart our economy is with every type of MASS TESTING of just about everyone that goes out into society.  (work force, students, recreational activities, protesters, etc.)

There are (3) three current polls show the majority of the public think the protesters are out of line and we do not need to rush into a reckless act of opening our economy too soon.  The polls are running approx. 65% to 35% in that manner.  Those polls were conducted by both right & left leaning organization.  You cannot argue with the medical science & the data.  Listen to what it screaming right now.  Of course, our country is in different places right now as to the spread but our numbers have been for the most part kept in check.  But that could all change in the next couple of weeks.  :soapbox:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/28/736915323/neo-nazi-who-killed-charlottesville-protester-is-sentenced-to-life-in-prison    

P.S. I have a couple of relatives that think this is all a (D) hoax.  You know, they're not real smart...

I also find it interesting how many will be 1st in line if kids ( theirs or others) are put in danger, even the slightest bit, We hear it even here all the time YET I watch these political rallies, protests , whatever you want to call them daily and their young kids all there. Seems like child abuse to me.

I guess those who abuse in most cases don't think they are....Just sayin

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 4