Coronavirus predictions, projections, models, facts and opinions.

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The official COVID19 death toll in China right now is 4,632.

And that's after they bumped the total by about 1,500 (i.e, 50%) a few days ago.

But it's pretty widely believed that the actual death toll in China is much higher.

For example, there have been articles in a number of media outlets reporting on the number of cremations believed to have taken place in greater Wuhan during the outbreak.

The highest figure I've seen estimated for the true number of deaths in China is 40,000.

That's nearly ten times what China is now reporting.

You believe these  numbers from the Communist country?

Edited by E3D
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That may be from lack of trying. More than a month ago I read comments by a researcher in this field noting that, until now, no one would fund their research.

lost in deep space. 

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

EWExxnGUcAISJOt?format=jpg&name=small

some are actually worried about making a living. Your take is so narrow minded and leaving out people who have lost it all for you and others here smiling and acting like #### is normal to work from home. 

I've lost it all business and human life. Yet you make jokes. losers. You want others choices to effect you and you smile and think its all good. 

Edited by E3D

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

PA wont release case info more detailed than county 

Just made a liar out of me as can now check by zip code. My zip consists of 2 smaller towns (total pop 9600 and change) and has 52 cases. Something “down there” shriveled when I read that.... double the state and well over double the National number of cases per thousand. 🤯

About 1/3 of my counties cases are in nursing homes (patients and staff) and have 3 nursing homes within a 10 minute walk of my house so that might be part of it. 

😷 bleep it. 😷

Edit: just found an article that says one of the nearby nursing homes has “multiple cases” with staff and residents. Place was a crap hole and was sold. Still running under a provisional license which means they’re not 100% fixed yet. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Freedom's just another word...

loser in the clip and the message. 

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

EWExxnGUcAISJOt?format=jpg&name=small

That's awful.  Peoples' lives and futures are being destroyed by this shut-down.  To portray protesters motivation as vanity based is gross.  

No one should let the mask they wear be a muzzle. 

1 hour ago, E3D said:

You believe these  numbers from the Communist country?

Uh, I specifically said that I don't believe the official Chinese numbers.

They're claiming 4,500.

I said that nobody believes that, and that estimates by others put the real Chinese total as high as 40,000.

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

That's awful.  Peoples' lives and futures are being destroyed by this shut-down.  To portray protesters motivation as vanity based is gross.  

No one should let the mask they wear be a muzzle. 

You can easily find video of protesters complaining that the shut down has prevented them from going to the salon.

I didn't make that up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Although my personal favorite might be the complaint by the organizer of the Nashville protest: "I hate having to get two iced teas in the drive-thru".

Because restaurants aren't giving free refills right now, you see.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

1 hour ago, E3D said:

I'm just crushed as I have lost it all and endless misery reading crap like this! 

I am sorry for your loss, whatever it may be.

Because of this pandemic, the small business I work for laid off more than 30 full-time and 70 part-time people.

I had to make some of those calls, in some cases to people who'd been there for decades..

In order not to have to lay off even more, I put in two very long weeks preparing the documentation needed to secure one of the new government payroll loans.

And then one of my coworkers, who wasn't even 40 years old, died in the past two weeks.

• Sad 4