Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

6 minutes ago, Continental said:

OMG! “Are you going to believe me, or your lying eyes?” Nice try, dude. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

25 minutes ago, Continental said:

What did I do?  I just posted the story.

LOL, that is what the dude in the story would say. “Yeah, I got a STD from wearing a mask.”

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

OMG! Are you going to believe me, or your lying eyes! Nice try, dude. 

Update from ye olde toilet seat excuse....

And glad dcp is moderated as just deactivated my account on the other SM site. There was an addition to the “masks make people hate others” post. Something like mask wearers are psychos because... gibberish. If I ever want to appreciate my mental health I’ll go back. But I doubt it...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

I just saw on TV some talking about a national mandate, but how to enforce it. Whats so #### hard. You get a ticket for not wearing a seat belt, you get in most states a fine if you are on the phone or texting while driving, in some places you can get a ticket for #### J- walking, WELL DO THE SAME!

The thing is, while we discuss a national mandate for masks, the things you note are state mandates. The origins of the US left most laws up to the states on purpose. Does the federal government even have the ability to create a national law/rule for this? Even most education rules and policies are state-driven, not federal. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MikeD said:

The thing is, while we discuss a national mandate for masks, the things you note are state mandates. The origins of the US left most laws up to the states on purpose. Does the federal government even have the ability to create a national law/rule for this? Even most education rules and policies are state-driven, not federal. 

Well in many cases I think that has over the years has worked BUT has also split the country with multiple situations. With that said , IMO the virus does not know nor care where our borders are or that Im in 1 state and you another. We are in this as a nation. I think sometimes  has made us great can also get in the way. Either way something needs to be done and as much as I hate it, masks are quite simple and IMO not much to ask. 

It's also easy to see in past months where arrogance was in play and some so sure of themselves now are reaping the benefit or lack  there of...COSTING LIVES

You are right though about the other mandates BUT I do think most do follow or have followed suit.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Well in many cases I think that has over the years has worked BUT has also split the country with multiple situations. With that said , IMO the virus does not know nor care where our borders are or that Im in 1 state and you another. We are in this as a nation. I think sometimes  has made us great can also get in the way. Either way something needs to be done and as much as I hate it, masks are quite simple and IMO not much to ask. 

It's also easy to see in past months where arrogance was in play and some so sure of themselves now are reaping the benefit or lack  there of...COSTING LIVES

You are right though about the other mandates BUT I do think most do follow or have followed suit.

Oh, I agree with wearing masks being a huge part of trying to control this, and absolutely not too much to ask. As you said, some of our historical greatness of individualism and states rights can get in the way of something like creating a national law. The federal government may not have the legal right to do that (I am no lawyer, for sure), even if it is a good thing. 

I also question all of the comparisons of the US to other countries, most currently Japan here on DCP. Their culture is vastly different from ours, going back through history. Our country is just about polar opposite to them in many ways, sometimes good and sometimes not so good, as in dealing with something like COVID. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No fall football for Virginia, I understand.  

In other news, test scores suddenly shoot up around the Commonwealth...

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Oh, I agree with wearing masks being a huge part of trying to control this, and absolutely not too much to ask. As you said, some of our historical greatness of individualism and states rights can get in the way of something like creating a national law. The federal government may not have the legal right to do that (I am no lawyer, for sure), even if it is a good thing. 

I also question all of the comparisons of the US to other countries, most currently Japan here on DCP. Their culture is vastly different from ours, going back through history. Our country is just about polar opposite to them in many ways, sometimes good and sometimes not so good, as in dealing with something like COVID. 

Totally Agree ! We for sure are in times where the norms may not be the way out of all this.

• Like 3