Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The funny thing is, if one looks back at commentary (I mean in general not on DCP) in February and the first part of March, the people who were then criticizing the CDC for not advising people to wear masks are pretty much the same people now criticizing the CDC for advising everyone to wear a mask.

You know, I really admire your determination.  You really do an amazing job and you get a lot of crap on here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Continental said:

You know, I really admire your determination.  You really do an amazing job and you get a lot of crap on here. 

That's kind of you to say. (I'm sure I deserve at some of it, though.)

7 minutes ago, E3D said:

Yes you do have the right in one state that I know of---not to wear a seatbelt. So many times you can catch people dashing into a place with no shirt or shoes and still get served. I would not do it but I don't live in PA or some place where it is obviously an issue. 

But you always have the right not to wear it. It is a choice made. Also it is not a primary offense in all 50 states which means the police will not stop you strictly on the no seat belt offense. 

And get a ticket

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The funny thing is, if one looks back at commentary (I mean in general not on DCP) in February and the first part of March, the people who were then criticizing the CDC for not advising people to wear masks are pretty much the same people now criticizing the CDC for advising everyone to wear a mask.

I don't know about all of that because I have been wearing a mask while in shops since this started. I don't find it funny either. 

The mob mentality here is strong, its like no one has lived real life and never had anyone disagree with them. 

So I guess the teachers and students in Japan not wearing their masks are not considerate of their fellow countrymen and also deserve thoughts and prayers. Interesting how that country moves along while the same virus is among them. They don't seem to be having these meltdowns on each other about should school reopen. 

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

And get a ticket

How about in new Hampshire? How about the states where it is not a primary offense and unless you are committing another offense you will not be stopped or cited. 

Watching the national news (not cable competing sides) and things going to crap. States and big companies mandating mask use to try to slow this down, help reopen the country and SAVE LIVES. So why would anyone say their “right” not to wear a mask is more important than the reasons given.....

Compared to another SM site I check the anti maskers there are lot more strident and keep posting outdated CDC guidelines to “prove” their side

wow king moron just shown vacationing in SC. “People die, why should I change my life (and wear a mask)” Standing next to wife and kids....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, E3D said:

I don't know about all of that because I have been wearing a mask while in shops since this started. I don't find it funny either. 

The mob mentality here is strong, its like no one has lived real life and never had anyone disagree with them. 

So I guess the teachers and students in Japan not wearing their masks are not considerate of their fellow countrymen and also deserve thoughts and prayers. Interesting how that country moves along while the same virus is among them. They don't seem to be having these meltdowns on each other about should school reopen. 

I don;t think there isn't any mob mentality. What I do think is most people would agree anyone has the right to do what they want BUT do not have the right with something so easy to potentially effect another person..especially with this

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

How about in new Hampshire? How about the states where it is not a primary offense and unless you are committing another offense you will not be stopped or cited. 

1 state..how about the rest...A national mandate needs to be in place IMO

In all 50 states except New Hampshire, failure to wear a seat belt is a misdemeanor. In 34 of those states and the District of Columbia, a driver can be pulled over just for not wearing a seatbelt. This is primary enforcement.

and YES there will be no activities even if schools return. I did read more than 70% of parents are not comfortable sending kids back. I am and have been  involved in many auditions during fall winter and summer and I can tell you not  just parents but potential members although would love to come back are extremely reluctant. 

Edited by GUARDLING

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

Like I posted earlier. If you get pulled over for something else and they notice no seat belt use. Another ticket... 

9 minutes ago, E3D said:

New Hampshire has an infection rate of 2 per 100,000 (7 day rolling average). One of the best rates in the country. The national average is 19 cases per 100,000.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer