Cadets confirm no return to West Point-style uniform ever


Recommended Posts

I know it was just wishful thinking, but this one stings. 😔

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Frankly, at this point, I really do not care. I am more concerned about whether or not the activity on which I grew up, the activity that made me the man I am, will survive. When the dust settles, wha

Speaking as a 60 year old dinosaur, I have no problems with the concept of the costumes of today.  Having spent the last 42 years of my life following/marching with/teaching/following BAC I will say I

From the outside looking in, it seems to me that some people's insistence on using the term costume instead of uniform is an attempt to disparage and discredit the merits and aesthetic value of modern

Looked at the Bari price and write up..

“lightly used for one season”..... 🙄

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Continental said:

They haven't worn their traditional burgundy/cream cadet uniforms for 6 years. 

 

Five years. The final show the Cadets performed in Cadet uniforms was July 29, 2015 in Annapolis, MD. I saw the show the next day in Chester, but what I wouldn't have given to witness the swan song of this uniform after 75 years (not like anyone in the stands realized it at the time).

 

Edited by Hrothgar15
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see them wearing the traditional uni for a parade or stand still show, and maybe for Finals retreat the way the Cavaliers did last year. Otherwise they have not worn that traditional uni since the first half of 2015. It stings more with Cadets and a few others because they have such a long history and have worn that look for most of that time. It's been easier for other corps to move forward. Take Bluecoats. They never really had one standard look from day one. Their uniforms were constantly changing through the 70s, 80s, and 90s...well before the move to costumes. Same with Blue Devils. And there are many other examples. 

My suggestion to the Cadets would be to consider a slight name change. If the West Point-style uni is out for field competition purposes, perhaps consider another name. The Cadets sort of reflects a military nature. It could be as simple as adding a name in front of Cadets (like Garfield, but I know they are not moving back to New Jersey at this point), or it could be they come up with something completely new. They obviously do not have to do this. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Continental said:

They haven't worn their traditional burgundy/cream cadet uniforms for 6 years. 

 

yup. i am sure if needed to fit the show one may appear like in 18. it's a different day now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I can see them wearing the traditional uni for a parade or stand still show, and maybe for Finals retreat the way the Cavaliers did last year. Otherwise they have not worn that traditional uni since the first half of 2015. It stings more with Cadets and a few others because they have such a long history and have worn that look for most of that time. It's been easier for other corps to move forward. Take Bluecoats. They never really had one standard look from day one. Their uniforms were constantly changing through the 70s, 80s, and 90s...well before the move to costumes. Same with Blue Devils. And there are many other examples. 

My suggestion to the Cadets would be to consider a slight name change. If the West Point-style uni is out for field competition purposes, perhaps consider another name. The Cadets sort of reflects a military nature. It could be as simple as adding a name in front of Cadets (like Garfield, but I know they are not moving back to New Jersey at this point), or it could be they come up with something completely new. They obviously do not have to do this. 

too much brand involved in the Cadets name, even after everything they've gone thru in the last several years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Five years. The final show the Cadets performed in Cadet uniforms was July 29, 2015 in Annapolis, MD. I saw the show the next day in Chester, but what I wouldn't have given to witness the ending of this uniform after 75 years (not like anyone in the stands realized it at the time).

Sorry for the error. I completely forgot that they had them for most of the season in 2015. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I know it was just wishful thinking, but this one stings. 😔

Depending on how one treats 2011, this is the tally, right?

9.5 - Cadets championships using traditional uniform

0.5 - Cadets championships not using traditional uniform

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.