DCI partnering with Varsity Performing Arts to launch "SoundSport Scholastic" events

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

As per another post (yes I modified your original post).

Some days I think he works at Target along with JimF. 

Other days I think N.E. Brigand is the General Manager at Target.  

Lol except I don’t work at Target... or anywhere for the last 6 months (half a year.. holy crap time “flys” when more at least stuck at house). 😜

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

If you don't work at Target, maybe you should take that bulls eye off your back. 

I just bought 12,500 rounds of 12ga shotgun ammo for my son to practice shoot for college.

Shotguns don't need targets.

Heh.

Edited by garfield

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

just saying this: and yes, Varsity manufacturers props,..........yeah thats all you need right there.

Why? Varsity runs competitions. Varsity sells equipment. OK. Since I am not buying the idea that Varsity forces cheering units to purchase their equipment and gives them extra points for doing so, based on what we have seen so far, I fail to see an issue.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, garfield said:

I just bought 12,500 rounds of 12ga shotgun ammo for my son to practice shoot for college.

Shotguns don't need targets.

Heh.

Don’t have that much ammo but that’s part of my home security system. Or as co worker who teaches gun safety said “if you hear someone in the next room, just aim for the sound. Drywall and pellets can be very painful”.

Related:  I was speaking with a commercial insurance provider of mine and discussing that Varsity provides insurance and a requirement that all contestants stay in the same hotel.  His response: "Well, if I were insuring an activity the very first thing I'd do is control the venue and the kids' egress from the performance venue.  Lock them down and keep control of them is the first priority in making sure you don't have to pay a claim."  

So, an UNPROVEN scenario might be that Varsity isn't corralling the performers in one authorized hotel to make a profit on hotel rooms but is, instead, controlling its liability under the insurance it writes for performers.

Very interesting.  I like my insurance guy.

Edited by garfield

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

Why does your son need to practice shoot for college?  

He shoots competitively for the college shotgun team.  He got a substantial scholarship (he's a better shooter than snare drummer) to shoot that's worth many times more than the cost of the ammo so, for us, it's an investment in his college that's cheaper than tuition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

He shoots competitively for the college shotgun team.  He got a substantial scholarship (he's a better shooter than snare drummer) to shoot that's worth many times more than the cost of the ammo so, for us, it's an investment in his college that's cheaper than tuition.

That's nice that you are supporting that.  I didn't know that colleges had shotgun teams. 

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Don’t have that much ammo but that’s part of my home security system. Or as co worker who teaches gun safety said “if you hear someone in the next room, just aim for the sound. Drywall and pellets can be very painful”.

There are two sounds a burglar won't mess with: a barking (big) dog, and the reload action of a pump shotgun.

My security system is connected to a "bark box" that sits just inside the garage and sounds uncannily like a german shepard.  It barks loud when the motion detector trips.  

I don't think I'll bother trying to record the sound of my Ithaca 37 pump action.