CDC says fully vaccinated no longer need masks in most cases

33 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

The correct term is "virtue signaling" I was making a joke when you called it value before. So sorry about the joke first. 

Not sure the term Virtue Signaling is 100% accurate for everyone who chose to continue wearing a mask, but some certainly are. Just like all the people who are not vaccinated are not 100% conspiracy believers, but some certainly are. 

Ok I didn’t noticed that I screwed up before so good catch. NOW I get the joke... old brains... miss stuff.. takes a while.. yada yada.... 😆

Agree some are signaling and some are conspiracy types. Glad we agree it ain’t everyone on one extreme or the other.... Some folks are in the middle....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I didn’t noticed that I screwed up before so good catch. NOW I get the joke... old brains... miss stuff.. takes a while.. yada yada.... 😆

Agree some are signaling and some are conspiracy types. Glad we agree it ain’t everyone on one extreme or the other.... Some folks are in the middle....

I'm fully vaccinated.

But only because my wife is a nurse who treats covid patients.

I wear a mask where I have to, but that's it.

That being said, I have no problem if someone is more comfortable wearing a mask, indoors  or outdoors, or staying isolated.

Although, seeing a person, alone in a car, wearing a mask, makes no sense.

By the same token, if I'm in an area where a mask isn't required, that's my choice too, so don't try to guilt me if I'm don't wear one.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm fully vaccinated.

But only because my wife is a nurse who treats covid patients.

I wear a mask where I have to, but that's it.

That being said, I have no problem if someone is more comfortable wearing a mask, indoors  or outdoors, or staying isolated.

Although, seeing a person, alone in a car, wearing a mask, makes no sense.

By the same token, if I'm in an area where a mask isn't required, that's my choice too, so don't try to guilt me if I'm don't wear one.

Agreed. With the mask mandates if someone wasn’t wearing or not wearing correctly I just stay away. Never know if they have a medical reason not to wear. Only open my mouth if right behind me in checkout (not 6 feet) then I’ll ask for distancing. But if I was still living with a person with a weak immune system and antibiotics issues (given so much over the years becoming immune) sure my opinions would be different (and more hardcore).

Not wearing correctly... last night in a Dollar type store and two people had mask so low I could see nose, mouth and top of chin (whiskey tango foxtrot). One was the cashier 🙄. Had the plastic panel between us so 🙄

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Where is your mask? How about, That is none of your business. but XXX-off is much better effect for the "value signalers"

Or could follow a question with a question.  Where is your aids test results, or are you HIV positive? 

If a new variant cancels the 2022 season, we'll have philosophies like this to thank. 

And I suspect you don't see the fallacy of equating COVID to HIV, but that is another problem entirely. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

the approach i've seen various government workplaces, including mine, take to this new guidance from the cdc reminds me of the game pin the tail on the donkey for some reason.

bureaucracy just can't help itself.  

22 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

And I suspect you don't see the fallacy of equating COVID to HIV, but that is another problem entirely. 

No one equated COVID to HIV. It’s called an analogy.  It’s a well-known technique for analyzing and understanding things.  

2 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Where is your aids test results, or are you HIV positive? 

Thanks for revealing who you really are.  

Education is the silver bullet to so many things, and we have to do better.  

Anyway, out of curiosity, has anybody taken a picture of their vaccine card? That's what I heard suggested on NPR this morning on my way to work, and it just seems so weird.  I could make a fake one with MS Paint, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, skevinp said:

No one equated COVID to HIV. It’s called an analogy.  It’s a well-known technique for analyzing and understanding things.  

So O'Neals wasn't saying that asking for proof of the vaccine is analogous to asking somebody's aids or HIV status?

That would be news to him, I'm sure, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Continental said:

It's not the first time it's occurred here... 

It's so grotesque that it's not worth discussing.  Make a comment, and then move along.  Best policy for this, imo. 

I'm just waiting to find out exactly how this impacts seating at LOS.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lance said:

So O'Neals wasn't saying that asking for proof of the vaccine is analogous to asking somebody's aids or HIV status?

That would be news to him, I'm sure, lol. 

Um, what?  I specifically said it was an analogy in the very post you quoted.  

I’m saying an analogy is not the same thing as equating something.  The former speaks to some similar attribute or circumstance and the latter contends two things are the same in every way.

I just want us all to remain rational in our discourse so as to avoid confusion and toxicity.

Edited by skevinp