Show Thread - Friday July 30 - River City Rhapsody - La Crosse

10 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Thank you so much for that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drumcorpspluto said:

If you missed the show last night, you can catch the rebroadcast again streaming LIVE tonight at 7:30 PM CT on FloMarching. We also have archives of Blue Stars, Phantom Regiment, Madison Scouts available for viewing right now.

Not a member of Aunt Flomarching, but from what I am seeing on other sites, I am very entertained.

I didn't think we would be here now.

I pray the Delta Dawn doesn't affect this.

7 hours ago, cage said:

La Vie en Rose has been their corps song since 2008 when they made finals for the first time since the 70s.  Autumn Leaves is Bluecoats corps song.  It was their ballad the first year they made finals, 1987.

WORLD class finalist. 😉 Since their return they’ve been a finalist close to 30 times. #alldivisionsmatter

• Like 1

I know I'm not the only one who shed a tear at the sight of drum corps performing before a live audience of appreciative fans last night..Every corps. large or small. reminded me of why I love this activity..and to their credit, they were ahead of my expectations..The two corps this evening that moved me most were  the BLUE STARS and out west the BLUE KNIGHTS..I guess the "BLUES" still have it!

• Like 7

On 7/30/2021 at 9:05 PM, KVG_DC said:

Isn't this the case in Michigan City where Open finals were held for some time?  I remember a "generally off center, center cam" situation from something. 

Maybe the old Michigan City stadium, which used to serve as both a baseball and football field. I at least recall marching over the pitcher's mound a few times, which is something to experience going backwards when they haven't flattened it. The current stadium is football only and was built in the mid-90s, as I recall the '96 Michigan City show taking place in it. I believe the press box is standard in the current stadium.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:07 PM, KVG_DC said:

WHERE ARE THE BEAGLES?  WE WERE TOLD THERE WERE BEAGLES THIS YEAR!

Yes, I was promised beagles. I am disappoint.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:14 PM, KVG_DC said:

Quartet singing to start the number from The Music Man.

The Rosemont Bills?

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 12:23 AM, PopcornEater1963 said:

Just added your RSS feed to my Feedly.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:23 PM, Brian Tuma said:

WORLD class finalist. 😉 Since their return they’ve been a finalist close to 30 times. #alldivisionsmatter

Apparently not to them as they didn't change their corps song until they made the big boy finals again.