Sat. Aug 7. A-TOWN

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I’m just laughing now. 

Flo won’t even email me back now since I’ve complained every night since the season started lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Flo won’t even email me back now since I’ve complained every night since the season started lol

Flo was getting serious crap on their Facebook page tonight.

My wife and I were Allentown on Saturday.

All kinds of complaints about Flo.

We were sitting next to the Press Box.

Right before the Blucecoats, a woman came walking up the stairs and tells the

guy at Press Box door,  "tell Flo   my friend just called me and said "the blue coats are ready to start and they can't hear anything ."

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Knowing nothing about audio engineering;  is the issue with Flo, just an ongoing battle with their audio production,  competing with each corps amp systems and sound production, and each one being different than another’s?  How can Flo deliver quality audio for say Music City’s performance then quality audio for Bluecoats, but change nothing they do during the performances.  Is Flo that inept?

I think you have the basic idea here. We pick on Flo, but let's face it. Each drum corps is handling the pit differently. Sound levels are different. Now Flo likely has an audio guy with mixer in the box to make adjustments, but each corps also has a person on the track making adjustments. 

In short, Flo is trying to mic something that is already being mic'd and then they are trying to adjust in the box to audio that is also being adjusted on the track. 

Having some audio engineering experience, if I was Flo I would get the mics off the track and find a way to record from the stands (mid way up or higher depending on the stadium). The trouble will be picking up audience to a higher degree. But the sound would be closer to what the audience hears live. We have to be fair  in our criticisms here because drum corps pit audio folks are not making these easy. 

Edited by jwillis35

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

My wife and I were Allentown on Saturday.

All kinds of complaints about Flo.

We were sitting next to the Press Box.

Right before the Blucecoats, a woman came walking up the stairs and tells the

guy at Press Box door,  "tell Flo   my friend just called me and said "the blue coats are ready to start and they can't hear anything ."

Dang… the lockup’s from time to time on Box5 looking better and better. Just an issue of which address to use to logon which might be straightened out for me. 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Dang… the lockup’s from time to time on Box5 looking better and better. Just an issue of which address to use to logon which might be straightened out for me. 

Did you ever hear a speaker blow out?  That’s what it sounded like. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Did you ever hear a speaker blow out?  That’s what it sounded like. 

Can suddenly hear the late Ronnie Van Zant on the 70s Lynyrd Skynyrd live album.

”well gonna blow up another amp”

• Haha 1