Will This Be The New 'Normal?'

i do believe virtual opportunities will continue, and can help lessen costs. as always, the smart ones will find the benefits

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 1:14 PM, Tim K said:

Moving finals would mean either moving San Antonio, Atlanta, and Allentown or cancelling one of them. All three are huge money makers. There is also the possibility that other things will be taking place in Indy. I know in the past there has been some convention the week prior to finals with 30,000 participants. I don’t know if they use Lucas Oil but I do know hotel space is hard to get.

first draft of 2022 schedule was done a while ago. Minimal condensation of tour length. Lots of things for everyone to complain about

• Haha 2

On 8/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, Tim K said:

Moving finals would mean either moving San Antonio, Atlanta, and Allentown or cancelling one of them. All three are huge money makers. There is also the possibility that other things will be taking place in Indy. I know in the past there has been some convention the week prior to finals with 30,000 participants. I don’t know if they use Lucas Oil but I do know hotel space is hard to get.

I was in a downtown hotel with some very nice ladies attending a Women's Conference at the convention center.  There were women everywhere at breakfast.  Felt like I was in an elementary faculty meeting.  (I don't think they were robots.)  😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 2:10 PM, keystone3ply said:

I was in a downtown hotel with some very nice ladies attending a Women's Conference at the convention center.  There were women everywhere at breakfast.  Felt like I was in an elementary faculty meeting.  (I don't think they were robots.)  😁

Stepford Wives?

Fembots?

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 2

On 8/20/2021 at 12:27 AM, Jeff Ream said:

i do believe virtual opportunities will continue, and can help lessen costs. as always, the smart ones will find the benefits

I appreciate that there are virtual opportunities for corps to save costs.  The one aspect I think will be hard to go virtual is guard training.

Hard to train on tosses virtually unless all guard members are outside. 

If I understand correctly, Crown is “replacing” its November camp with virtual auditions.  Basically, the first round of auditions is virtual and you have to be invited to the live camp (December I’m guessing).  Could be beneficial to prospective members who want to audition for a couple corps.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Continental said:

I appreciate that there are virtual opportunities for corps to save costs.  The one aspect I think will be hard to go virtual is guard training.

Actually mostly when guards have some smaller camps and auditions they are inside. Creatively there are more things I think that can be done virtually than ever thought before and will be utilized by staff . Now besides some technique  close up or a members abilities alot of guard movement is also  comparison to each other, this of course will be difficult virtually BUT I think more corps next year will utilize this as much as they can. Guards as a whole also never are full or together with everyone till after WGI.

I don't think outside or in makes a heck of alot of difference anymore especially with the big shows indoors mostly.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:17 AM, Algernon said:

first draft of 2022 schedule was done a while ago. Minimal condensation of tour length. Lots of things for everyone to complain about

Until we know what Covid and its likely more mutations look like after schools reopen nationally, and the booster shot levels of effectiveness now that current vaccine optimal effectiveness appears to diminish after 5-8 months, its really still a bit premature what 2022 will look like here in August of 2021. The optimistic outlook is that Covid's recent rise in hospitalizations in all 50 states the last month will subside in the fall and winter. I prefer to be optimistic, and hopeful. I prefer not to think of the alternative.

12 hours ago, Continental said:

in many cases the guard isn't doing much in the way of camps til after WGI anyway

• Like 3

On 8/20/2021 at 2:10 PM, keystone3ply said:

Years back went to my old college to see things I couldn’t when I didn’t have a car. Bunch of bikers in the hotel and talked to them at breakfast. They were going to Rolling Thunder at Johnstown PA. We were “that’s where we’re going today… oh bleep.. you mean hotels that far away are booked?”.

Yeah it a mess getting around Johnstown that day… 😬

• Haha 1