2 minutes ago, craiga said:

In 2009, they presented the show "The Core of Temptation" and while the themes may seem similar, the music is completely different, as are the staff, management and membership. 

Thats it!  

Interesting to see them do such a similar show concept that got 7th that year and expect a higher result. But what do I know?  I wish them the best, and will hope they surprise me in person. 

21 minutes ago, Danby510 said:

Thats it!  

Interesting to see them do such a similar show concept that got 7th that year and expect a higher result. But what do I know?  I wish them the best, and will hope they surprise me in person. 

The 7th place at finals 13 years ago with an entirely different show, music, staff and membership probably has nothing to do with 2022....you think?

1 hour ago, Danby510 said:

Thats it!  

Interesting to see them do such a similar show concept that got 7th that year and expect a higher result. But what do I know?  

Not sure .Phantom Regiment “ Spartacus “ ring a bell ?  . Cadets WSS ring a bell ?  SCV “ Scheherazade “ ring a bell ?  Lots of corps have done similar themes and/ or played songs multiple times before … and successfully . Not sure you” know” this ( since you asked ) . 

8 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Boston has the talent, but imho the show design/GE isn’t there to medal. Also feel that when Cavies clean, add more clarity and layer they will move ahead of Boston (even with Crusaders cleaning). The Cavaliers were very dirty and fielded an incomplete show last night amongst many other issues. As another poster stated “if Boston doesn’t 3 point the Cavaliers tonight, there’s going to be issues.”

It sounds like you are expecting Cavies to finish their show, clean and layer but Boston is what they are and that’s it? I would think that at this point Boston has a finished product, cleaner product and is beginning to add and layer and clean even more.  Cavies have work to do just to catch up.  And please let me know with more specifics what you mean by “design”.  Is it only GE driven?  I think with another 20 or so shows ahead, there are growth opportunities. Boston isn’t done yet.  No one is. Let’s see where everyone is in 3weeks.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

It sounds like you are expecting Cavies to finish their show, clean and layer but Boston is what they are and that’s it? I would think that at this point Boston has a finished product, cleaner product and is beginning to add and layer and clean even more.  Cavies have work to do just to catch up.  And please let me know with more specifics what you mean by “design”.  Is it only GE driven?  I think with another 20 or so shows ahead, there are growth opportunities. Boston isn’t done yet.  No one is. Let’s see where everyone is in 3weeks.  

Whatever. All I know is the Cavaliers had an incomplete show, major musical and guard challenges and Boston didn’t even 2 point them. We all heard this preseason on these boards how amazing the drum line and brass were supposed to be and Boston as clean as they were only finished .05 ahead of Cavies in music. You’re right we’ll see where everyone is in 3 weeks. Remember 2019? Boston was ahead by 2 points the middle of July and we know what happened by Finals. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Whatever. All I know is the Cavaliers had an incomplete show, major musical and guard challenges and Boston didn’t even 2 point them. We all heard this preseason on these boards how amazing the drum line and brass were supposed to be and Boston as clean as they were only finished .05 ahead of Cavies in music. You’re right we’ll see where everyone is in 3 weeks. Remember 2019? Boston was ahead by 2 points the middle of July and we know what happened by Finals. 

That was then this is now.  Cavies don’t have the market cornered on improvement.  My point was as Cavies improve as I’m sure they will, Boston will too.  I don’t know how many people were claiming Boston was amazing.  And if they were, so what.  Everyone hypes their favorites.  We also heard heard how incredible Cavies brass was too.  And their dl.  So everyone is guilty of hyping their faves.  We are all in for a great season especially after 2 seasons of no competition. 3 weeks will begin to tell the tale.

Just now, craiga said:

No need for the attitude, dude.

Not really an attitude. But it’s like if anyone criticizes Boston or doesn’t think their show is the next champion or medal contender there’s a fan base on here that jumps down peoples throats. To the above referenced posts, I’m not the only one on here that thinks Bostons show design doesn’t have the GE needed.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

We all heard this preseason on these boards how amazing the drum line and brass were supposed to be and Boston as clean as they were only finished .05 ahead of Cavies in music. 

. Well you came onto the Boston thread, and with that initial criticism on here, you could be reminded now on here by Crusaders alums that the preseason hype out of the Cavaliers on their thread board was that the Cavaliers brass line was so good this season it would compete for the Ott. Do the Cavaliers have an " incomplete " brass line at the moment ? Just curious, as not only did Boston top the Cavaliers in brass last night, but so didnt the Blue Stars. Not to be harsh, but  you came onto another corps thread with this criticism, you know ? , You need to be reminded of where you are after Detroit, and its currently not where you told us in preseason you'd be in either placement, guard recruitment, and with the so called uber Cavaliers brass line excellence hype. The placement gap point spread at the moment between Cavaliers and Boston Crusaders is the same point spread gap as that between Phantom Regiment and the Cavaliers.  Im sure the Cavaliers will be better as the season unfolds... (  I posted such compliments and optimism on the cavaliers very board earlier today ).  Good luck to the Cavaliers this season.

Edited by Boss Anova

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

. Remember 2019? Boston was ahead by 2 points the middle of July and we know what happened by Finals. 

Sure. I remember. I'm sure you remember 2018 as well.  Cavs topped Boston all through June/ July by " 2 points" some early shows ,then into regionals Cavs topping Boston, and even into early August Cavs was topping Boston. Then " we know what happened " that season too.... right ?  ( Boston made a late season surge and caught Cavs at Championships, topping them in all 3 of Quarters. Semi's, Finals. )  But so what ? Each season is different my Cavaliers friend.  Best of success to your corps this season.

Edited by Boss Anova