1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

Sure. I remember. I'm sure you remember 2018 as well.  Cavs topped Boston all through June/ July by " 2 points" some early shows ,then into regionals Cavs topping Boston, and even into early August Cavs was topping Boston. Then " we know what happened " that season too.... right ?  ( Boston made a late season surge and caught Cavs at Championships, topping them in all 3 of Quarters. Semi's, Finals. )  But so what ? Each season is different my Cavaliers friend.  Best of success to your corps this season.

The Cavaliers were going through a lot of distractions for the members and the organization at the end of 2018. Rehearsals were even closed to public, families and FMM. Not an excuse, but I’ll leave it at that.

I’ll be happy when Boston FINALLY wins A championship, the hype from these message boards every year is crazy and the fans are becoming salty when the scores don’t reward the hype.

Years ago Crown fans were the same way. Their fan base started to turn others against the organization. I remember sitting at finals in 2012 hearing their fans complain and boo the Blue Devils. Wouldn’t clap for the performance nor the scores. Completely turned me off to the corps (since have changed). I think a well deserved championship in 2013 helped lol.

I wish nothing but the best for these young people and look forward to amazing performances throughout the summer. 

Edited by GREENBLUE

I can't think of any Boston fans (including myself) who become "salty" or otherwise complain about the scores.  Ever. Please list them for us 

• Like 1

BAC has been around a long time and is well respected in the drum corps community, including folks out west.  They don’t need a championship to prove themselves and I think their fan base knows that.  It will be nice should it happen one day but they have nothing to prove.  It’s an exciting time for BAC fans and alumni in what has been decades of ups and downs.  Now on the upward trend, I for one am happy for their recent success.  They are one of the great corps of all time in the activity and even their present and former competitors respect and admire that about BAC. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I always approach GE and Visual with the phrase what makes this production special? How dimensional is it! IMO music, staging, color, motion, movement, integration and performance are the only considerations.

I agree with this.  They are so talented but I think the show need more texture.  It seems so one-dimensional.  To me.  Maybe there will be more layers added.  I think a lot more could be done with those metal teepee thingies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't want to pile on to the other reactions here in this thread, but I will address a few points as this is a discussion board AND the Boston thread...

6 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

The Cavaliers were going through a lot of distractions for the members and the organization at the end of 2018. Rehearsals were even closed to public, families and FMM. Not an excuse, but I’ll leave it at that.

As far as above, all corps have their growing pains and challenges that occur from time to time.  I recall a season when several corps were getting sick and a few groups had to drop out of a few shows because so many members were sick. I am sure that set things back for those involved. 

Cavies and Boston have been very close in placement these last couple years. Each corps has demonstrated their strengths in different areas. I enjoy and welcome the competition in this regard.

6 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

I’ll be happy when Boston FINALLY wins A championship, the hype from these message boards every year is crazy and the fans are becoming salty when the scores don’t reward the hype.

I don't really see the same hype as you, but maybe you are more active on here then me and have seen more then me.  Even if there is this perceived hype, what is wrong with rooting for your favorites to do the best they can?  What is wrong if posters pick their favorites, but at the same time don't disparage any hate on other corps?   I can speak for myself personally.  I did not make any predictions on their placement this season nor wished any ill against the Cavies. I have great friends to this day that marched Cavies back when I marched. 

I did see one poster (corps affiliation if any I have no clue) put Cavies in 11th in their prediction, which was then mostly laughed at and/or discredited by many other posters including Boston folks that I do know. It is though that posters opinion, so I really do not have a problem with it.  I even don't have a problem with your opinions or anyone else's for that matter even when I don't necessarily like or even agree with them.  I personally draw the line though when I perceive someone being mean for just means sake or to hurt others intentionally.

This is after all the Boston thread, so when others lurk in here they should be prepared for a little pushback.  

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I agree with this.  They are so talented but I think the show need more texture.  It seems so one-dimensional.  To me.  Maybe there will be more layers added.  I think a lot more could be done with those metal teepee thingies. 

While I don't necessarily agree that it is one-dimensional, I do agree with you and @Poppycock in some regard. I think it is missing "something", but can't seem to figure out what that exactly is...

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I did see one poster (corps affiliation if any I have no clue) put Cavies in 11th in their prediction, which was then mostly laughed at and/or discredited by many other posters including Boston folks that I do know. It is though that posters opinion, so I really do not have a problem with it.  I even don't have a problem with your opinions or anyone else's for that matter even when I don't necessarily like or even agree with them.  I personally draw the line though when I perceive someone being mean for just means sake or to hurt others intentionally.

If there were a standing up, applauding and shouting bravo emoji thingie on here, it would be inserted here. 

15 minutes ago, Liahona said:

While I don't necessarily agree that it is one-dimensional, I do agree with you and @Poppycock in some regard. I think it is missing "something", but can't seem to figure out what that exactly is...

Okay, one-dimensional was a little harsh.  It needs a little oomph.  A little somethin’ somethin’. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Years ago Crown fans were the same way. Their fan base started to turn others against the organization. I remember sitting at finals in 2012 hearing their fans complain and boo the Blue Devils. Wouldn’t clap for the performance nor the scores. . 

You might want to take this beef you have from the Boston Crusaders thread over to the Carolina Crown thread, as you seem to be wildly driving into different lanes now on DCP with your complaints on things about other Corps unrelated to the Boston Crusaders. Star of Indiana used to be " booed too ". at different venues.  But you'd be hard pressed  however to find anyone from Star that will tell you that they were ever " booed " at any show, ever, in New England. Blue Devils have never been booed in NE either. ( Nor the Cavaliers, nor Crown, etc )  Criticism is fine.. and Boston has heard criticism from every angle, some justified, some over the top throughout its 80 year history, and can handle it and deal with such. But criticism needs to be based in a non antagonistic, non chest thumping manner from a rival corps, otherwise it naturally then comes off as simply sour grapes..  Enjoy you summer, and best of success to the Cavaliers this season . The competition season is just heating up !

Edited by Boss Anova

14 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Whatever. All I know is the Cavaliers had an incomplete show, major musical and guard challenges and Boston didn’t even 2 point them. We all heard this preseason on these boards how amazing the drum line and brass were supposed to be and Boston as clean as they were only finished .05 ahead of Cavies in music. You’re right we’ll see where everyone is in 3 weeks. Remember 2019? Boston was ahead by 2 points the middle of July and we know what happened by Finals. 

I agree. I'm surprised that Cavaliers are this close to Boston and Bluecoats with the incompleteness and dirty they have. It only bodes well for them if they finish the show, clean, and add.

Boston is drill complete and playing their entire show. They're cleaning and refining, but what they have isn't getting the reward that it seems the Cavaliers will get when they're as clean as Boston.

Just my opinion.

I want Boston to win a title too, but I don't think this is the vehicle. I hope they will medal though!

• Thanks 1